Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jim and I have a business called Nicola Construction Co.in the Detroit area. I have worked in construction for 35 years. I build additions, create kitchens baths and additions. One day my arms both developed tennis elbow after lifting heavy loads of drywall and plywood. I noticed it was the sheets that were ruining my arms. 15 years ago I made a cart. It worked ok but had many problems. I decided to follow my call in developing this tool about 5 years ago. I have tried every tire, I have tried to carry anything I could on this. When there was a problem I remade my prototype. 4 prototypes and 20 wheels later as well as a specially added rubberized anti slip strip, and here it is. I have selfishly used it for about 15 years now and I cant tell you what a big difference it has made. I wish I had it when I started! Being 50 and starting at 15 years old I can tell you it wold have increased profits, kept my whole body more preserved. Recently I had it engineered and made it out of the most durable polypropylene I could find. That way it does not scratch our customers houses and gives it a handle in design to carry it with and made it stronger and softer at the same time. I use it on lawns, dirt roads, terrible conditions really. Thanks for reading and share this along. it cost a boatload literally to make this but that is how much it has helped me.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Welcome to C.T., Jim. If you sell that cart, and you're going to promote it here in some way, I believe that there are some rules about vendors (including identifying yourself as one in your avatar somehow). One of the moderators can probably fill you in on the rules - if you don't get with the rules you'll get marked (and maybe banned) as a spammer.

Aside from all that, really welcome to the forums. I hope you contribute based on your general contracting expertise also.

- Bob

Edit: Where are you in the Detroit area? What with the news about Detroit, it seems like a difficult place to be a contractor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and I intend on withdrawing my account due to improper use. Yes in Detroit it is bad with a capital B. I am busy this year and have killed myself doing small jobs till I cant see straight. Gone are the days of a 100000.00 addition or even a 150000.00 addition. Prices are going up everyday on materials. Contractors are lowering their prices and we have reached a point where workmanship is a thing of the past. Although they all want it perfect. I am talented but few places to use my talent. Putting in a door, fixing a sink, installing a few windows, one kitchen or two, tile work, and thats about it. When it rebounds here it will be huge but after 5 years of waiting it seems distant.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
welcome Don't withdraw everyone here kind of has to go through a bit of a vetting to be accepted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sorry I have tried to withdraw and have no use for this due to the ill wishes of many.
Just try to put a bed on your troll. Oops got to go.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,954 Posts
You have not been trolled, nor is there any ill will for you here. Fellow contractors are always welcome. :thumbsup:

However, as Bob pointed out, we are very protective of our members' ability to come here and not be pestered by marketing (other than the paid ads that finance the site). As long as you can stay within the guidelines, you'll find this is a pretty good group to hang out with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts