Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Legato is a Home depot deal, and It should work fine. There are higher end products in the Tesserea line, they are squares and not squigles. Tesserea is made with an Anso caress nylon and it is a heavier weight, but the Legato would work fine too. No worries about them moving or coming up, unless you installed wrong, or if you have a 800 horsepower vacuume cleaner.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
It's quite easy, all you need to do is lay them down next to each other. There is a grip substance on the back that will keep them from sliding around. The trick is to fluff up the sides so you do not trap fiber inbetween the seams. Other than that, its a breeze. You should only be making cuts when you get to the wall. Cut from the back, and your all set.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good!

We may use them at our church for a kid’s area. It’s nice that they already have the padding included, and its a cheap alternative.

If we change buildings in a year can we take up the squares and move them or does that mess up the adhesive?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Take them up, and reinstall. No problems there except the new room you use them for needs to be smaller, unless you have extra.

U

·
0 Posts
I just installed some of this Legato and after one vacuuming I can still see some obvious lines. Will these go away?

U

·
0 Posts
No seam will be invisible, but there are some things you can do with this system to help make it unoticable.
When you first install, it is crucial that you take your hand along the edge, and lift the fibers up, so when you lay the next piece, the fibers will not be crammed inbetween the tiles.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
OOps...that last post was me, but I guess my cookie crumbled cause I wasn't auto logged in when I entered the site.

U

·
0 Posts
I guess what I was asking was whether the seams look better after a while or if "what you see is what you get" after you install it? Will it look better in a month than it does now?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
The seams will probably look better after a month of vacumming. But if the fibers were never lifted before install, then the seams will not look as good as they can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did a living room and dining room. Went down easy, looks good. Trick is to make sure that you fluff up the edges and don't catch any fibers between. Push hard to get a tight fit. No adhesive is used. When you cut keep replacing the blade to make sure the cuts are clean. Also use a straight edge guide for the cut. Seams will almost disappear after a month of running the vaccum. Keep some extra panels around for when the kids stain the rug. Then its an easy replacement. Not all that cheap. Cost me over $1000 to cover 11 X 18 foot living room and a 12 by 11 dining room. .

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
3 bucks a square foot isnt bad if you got the higher end stuff which uses tactesse nylon.

U

·
0 Posts
can you get the kind you mentioned at Home Depot?

Florcraft said:
3 bucks a square foot isnt bad if you got the higher end stuff which uses tactesse nylon.
I am considering buying the Legato system in my living/dining room --open space 22x13. Is this good quality carpet? Where else can I find this besides Home Depot? I remember its 100% nylon, but don't remember if its the type you mentioned.
Thanks in advance,
Daniela in Co

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
call your local flooring stores, and ask if they have Tesserea, that's it's maiden name.

better yet

www.carpetone.com

type in your zipcode and find a store near you. They might have it.

U

·
0 Posts
legato carpet

attempted to install this past weekend. Not that easy, since having to do so many cuts. Anyway, laid several boxes, no cuts yet and it looked terrible. Friend helping me, tried also. We had no trapped fibers, vaccumed, and each and every seam is noticable. So spent rest of day looking at carpet stores, called home depot and they would take it back, so pulled it up, re-loaded a truckload and returned it all.

J

·
0 Posts
legato?...forgeto!

Not easy is right. I really considered buying this carpet...sure glad I didn't after reading these reviews. This carpet had to be special ordered at Home Depots in my area. I was afraid of seams showing too. Download the install PDF if you can, that's what made me decide against it. I do not need that kind of grief. I bought some carpet at Lowes and had them install.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Tesserea goes together great. I have not installed Legato, but I think the wavy ends make it harder.
check out samples of tesserea, I have had NO problems with it.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I would imagine there is. Tesserea is a higher end branded soft fiber yarn. I have not went to the Depot to look at prices.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts