Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have to say I'd be a little leery of that. Even at low temps, anything that got a start already is going to multiply. I'd go ahead and cook it up, then refrigerate and re-heat if that's how it has to go.
Danger is my middle name.

....Oh okayyyyy........ (thanks)

Now I'm cooking it overnight, since I leave for Philly tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Are you dead yet? Or how did it taste.

Wondering what question to ask :laughing:
Slow-cooked all night, and I now awake to the awesome aroma of pot roast. As for taste...meh...I cooked with the onions, but fell asleep and forgot to add any other seasoning. Oops.

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Slow-cooked all night, and I now awake to the awesome aroma of pot roast. As for taste...meh...I cooked with the onions, but fell asleep and forgot to add any other seasoning. Oops.
It gonna be good. You betcha.

·
Artist and not a curator
10,103 Posts
I just want to say thank you to Mark. This made me interested in dry aging beef.

Well, as it turns out a client has asked me to take their old Sub-Zero fridge. I have our beer fridge in the shop now and thought I wouldn't want it. This other fridge is going to become our dry aging fridge now next to the beer fridge, nothing but beef for aging is going to go in the fridge part.

I found a purpose for it so I'll take it. I'm going to customize it for the dry aging process. I won't be able to hang whole quarters but I'm going to give some whole Ribeyes and a brisket a shot.

This could be my favorite thread ever if this works out. Figuring out process for a fan and shelving is really the biggest issues. This is gonna be epic if it works out.

·
Registered
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Just to recap the weekend:

After tasting it Saturday morning 7:00 am, I made my way to Philly, with a few stops along the way. I brought the roast along in a cooler, figuring I'd finish it (seasoning, etc.) at the folks house. But by around 3:30pm I had stomach gas cramps like not in years...I'm sure it was coincidence, but painful stuff. So in Philly I just left it the van Saturday night, not wanting to really deal with it at that point. I disposed of it at 95 rest stop on my way back to DC this evening. It still smelled great, btw, but it was time to go.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
When in doubt , toss it out

·
Registered
5,792 Posts

After tasting it Saturday morning 7:00 am, I made my way to Philly, with a few stops along the way. I brought the roast along in a cooler, figuring I'd finish it (seasoning, etc.) at the folks house. But by around 3:30pm I had stomach gas cramps like not in years...I'm sure it was coincidence, but painful stuff. So in Philly I just left it the van Saturday night, not wanting to really deal with it at that point. I disposed of it at 95 rest stop on my way back to DC this evening. It still smelled great, btw, but it was time to go.
Should’ve fed it to a dog.

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts

Considering you said you left out all the magic spices, so it was doomed from the get go.

This is all on you.

Still and all we should have had a Requiem.

Reactions: MarkJames

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts

·
Registered
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I realize now that I failed to take into account one other Philly factor: my mother. She would have ended the experiment swiftly....no dog, no nothing. And given me heck for trying. :shutup:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts