Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
If interior access is limited,you could use this,however,the first one appears to be a more substantial connection.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,639 Posts
How hard it is? Temp it up in 10 minutes, cut the old ledger out in 15 minutes, (three feet).

The other thing you could try is release the hanger nails then try to pull it in with existing lags. Then cut the joists back and pack it out with another 2x and use longer lags. Did I mention it's only a three foot section?

Mike.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
If interior access is limited,you could use this,however,the first one appears to be a more substantial connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7O7rBpmWwo
These are the ones I use. You're using twice as many vs the other ones but there is zero need for basement access. They work very well. Fasten Master has something similar now that I would like to try.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,639 Posts
But that will cost more than the $200 they want to pay :laughing:

Dang Mike, you only charge $30/hr? :jester:

Uh..... the job paid $200.00 according to the op. I would've had 30 bucks in materials. However I couldn't do that job unless it was part of a bigger project. Not to say someone wouldn't do it.

Mike.

·
Registered
Residential Remodels/Additions
182 Posts
It would be interesting to see what it looks like to put a long straight edge right under the ledger along the wall there. If it was built that way I'd bet there is a big bump there. If the deck rim joist is straight I think it's safe to assume it was.
Or just 2 blocks of 2 x ma material and a string.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts