Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often use a 500W work light when wallpapering in bathrooms etc, these last few days I have been thinking about trying a LED work light to eliminate the heat.
Is anyone here using them? are they just as bright at the 500W halogens?

HD had one on display and it was constantly on, you could touch the lamp.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I often use a 500W work light when wallpapering in bathrooms etc, these last few days I have been thinking about trying a LED work light to eliminate the heat.
Is anyone here using them? are they just as bright at the 500W halogens?

HD had one on display and it was constantly on, you could touch the lamp.
I bought two from BES and they are complete and udder sh!t.

·
Registered
13,360 Posts
I have Syslites for confined work. Last weekend I picked up the one recommended in another thread here at Lowes. It worked well for general lighting. I may pick up a few more. I wish I could find a few more of the bazooka type lights HD used to sell.

Tom

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,429 Posts

·
Registered
Remodel
31,031 Posts
I only use halogen sometimes. Most ot the time I have a tree of aluminum reflector clamp lights with CFLs. I ran into a problem with CFLs not showing up paint color coverage issues (looked completely covered under CFL, daylight showed it wasn't), so now I'm using 60W equivalent LED bulbs. I got a bunch on sale for $10 a piece. I checked the color spectrum of the LEDs (and CFLs, which are terrible) with a spectrometer, and they're pretty good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have a couple of those pot lights that i put a 300 watt equivalent cfl bulb in. its pretty bright and way less heat than those halogens. The bulb was about $15 and the light was $10. It works well for me and alot cheaper than good leds

·
Contractor
4,761 Posts
have you considered the fluorescent work lights? Different bulb temp than halogens-I've been happy with not burning up.

for small tasks, the dewalt 12v max LED's are perfect. I have two :thumbsup:

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
i have a couple of those pot lights that i put a 300 watt equivalent cfl bulb in. its pretty bright and way less heat than those halogens. The bulb was about $15 and the light was $10. It works well for me and alot cheaper than good leds
The issue I have wIth cfl is it doesn't reflect light natural or incandescent light.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts