Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I be looking for with LED light strip....:blink:

I am looking for the brightest , but warm white light-12vlt or 24vlt. Self stick on the backside......dimmer.....and power source kit.

I see 2835,3258 ,5050 SMD.......:blink: Lumens.....:blink: what does all this mean....:blink:

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
Up light to wash the ceiling?

At 3000 kelvin the light color is equivalent to a warm white fluorescent. 2700 is cool white.

At the 600 count density (1 chip every 5/16" O.C.) it should give you an even light as long as they are at least 6" from the illuminated surface.

If it is just to illuminate the channel they'll work there also.

They'd make nice toe space lights with joist stress sensors to control them.......

Tom

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
I had a customer supply these to me just a couple months ago, Model#.DC5237WH-A http://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting...trip+lighting?Ntx=mode+matchpartialmax&NCNI-5

They were easy to work with, plug-n-play and could be cut to length. Also you can buy extensions separately. I installed them on the back of a custom stained glass sign he had made for his bar. I liked it the settings it gave and the lumens were perfect for it. Made the whole sign glow and as the colors change so does the colors of the glass.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Up light to wash the ceiling?

At 3000 kelvin the light color is equivalent to a warm white fluorescent. 2700 is cool white.

At the 600 count density (1 chip every 5/16" O.C.) it should give you an even light as long as they are at least 6" from the illuminated surface.

If it is just to illuminate the channel they'll work there also.

They'd make nice toe space lights with joist stress sensors to control them.......

Tom

2700K is warm
3500K is neutral
4100K is cool
5500K 6500K is daylight

·
Registered
388 Posts
I use 5050 12 v strip lighting. Underside of cabinets and kicks. I solder all my joins, 90's etc. and use both 3m 2 way tape and clips if the 2 way tape is not applicable. As a rule I have wall switches that control the power to the transformer and run 20 gauge wire to the strips. I have done both single color warm white and RGB installations.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well,
They turned out to be just what I was after- nice lighting ,warm...they worked out great!:thumbsup:

Thank you,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts