Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
chief pencil holder
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I was working out of my old bosses shop for a little and that did not work well, and I have been in my garage for the last 1.5 years, 400sq gets really small really fast. Well I found an old building near my home 10 min away, and have been looking at it for the last 2 months. I really need to grow and my garage won’t let me be efficient. So I sighed a 6 month lease today on an 1150sq shop. Feels like the day I moved out of my parents house into my first apt. I went to take pictures but my camera was dead, I will get some for you guys tomorrow. Not really carpentry related but I wanted to share.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
That is a big deal. Congratulations on the manly move. That takes some stones.:thumbsup:

You will be surprised how much faster you can go with a bit more room to toss things around.

Keep asking for what you want to show up. Be very specific. You may just get it.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
3 phase power? How many amps?

·
chief pencil holder
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 phase power? How many amps?
3 phase 100amp's, made sure before I sighed the lease, opened the panel myself to make sure.

Thanks for all the support, and kind words. I got to admit I am nervous as hell, but you get to a point you need to just commit to your business, and I am tired of dragging equipment and boxes out to the driveway to work. And I think being able to have customers come to your shop helps with credibility.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I put 400 amps service in my home garage, 6 car tandem garage now my workshop, upstairs is the office/bar/break room. Cost me about 10k to upfit the electrical, shelving and air conditioning.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
That is a big deal. Congratulations on the manly move. That takes some stones.:thumbsup:

You will be surprised how much faster you can go with a bit more room to toss things around.

Keep asking for what you want to show up. Be very specific. You may just get it.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
3 phase 100amp's, made sure before I sighed the lease, opened the panel myself to make sure.

Thanks for all the support, and kind words. I got to admit I am nervous as hell, but you get to a point you need to just commit to your business, and I am tired of dragging equipment and boxes out to the driveway to work. And I think being able to have customers come to your shop helps with credibility.

Thanks again.
That single step of getting a "real shop" is a great step towards where you want to go.
Now you might consider setting your next goal. Again be very specific.

Aim for the stars. If you don't make it you'll land pretty high anyway.

Reactions: Scribbles

·
chief pencil holder
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let's see some pics or a floorplan.
I will on Thursday, I am trying to finish up a project I am on; I am going to start moving in and setting up equipment Thursday -Sunday

1 - 18 of 18 Posts