Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clearly what used to work isn't (or al least not as well) as it used to. I'm trying to come up with more lead sources. Here is what I have so far........Any help with new sources would be appreciated.
We are a siding, window and roofing contractor that only does residential and we don't work with General Contractors or Builders. Only home owners.

Web site
Twitter
Facebook
Personal Blogs
Business Blogs
Angies list
Service Magic
Renovation Experts
Reliable Remodeler
Sunroom Tree
Window Buyer
Move or Improve
ABC leads
Letters
Post cards
Val-Pak
Penny Pincher
Super Coups
Community Marketing
Spectrum Monthly
Newspapers
Inserts
Newsletters
Flyers
TV
Radio
Billboards
Networking
Chamber of Commerce
BNI
One more Referral
Canvassing
Asking for referrals
Past customer sales
Sales to past leads that did not sell
Site signs
Truck lettering
Open houses
Telemarketing
Home shows
Fairs
Craft shows
Boat shows
Flower shows
Seafood festivals
Community events
Industry associations

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do but what I'm looking for now is different lead sources that I have not tried yet.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Damn Marc it looks like you've got all (or most) of the bases covered, hate to hear that an extensive list like that isn't doing it for you.:shutup:

I don't know the size of your business, so you may need 300 or 3,000 leads a week, but if you need 10, that's really a cold dose of reality.

Jay

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
What does CCN have to say about the current downswing?

Are the CCN members typically experiencing the same decrease in leads or conversion, (Or, is that 2 separate questions?), as the rest of us contractors?

By the way, I have heard that their Forum sucks and is completely dead. Why? The same goes for the RSI Forum too.

I really look forward to when you take the time to get involved and post Marc, because you are very studious about documenting and seeing where the results come from.

Is that a talent and anal quality, (Meant in a Good Way), that you had the self discipline before you signed up with them, or something you picked up by association?

Ed

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Clearly what used to work isn't (or al least not as well) as it used to. I'm trying to come up with more lead sources. Here is what I have so far........Any help with new sources would be appreciated.
We are a siding, window and roofing contractor that only does residential and we don't work with General Contractors or Builders. Only home owners.

Web site
Twitter
Facebook
Personal Blogs
Business Blogs
Angies list
Service Magic
Renovation Experts
Reliable Remodeler
Sunroom Tree
Window Buyer
Move or Improve
ABC leads
Letters
Post cards
Val-Pak
Penny Pincher
Super Coups
Community Marketing
Spectrum Monthly
Newspapers
Inserts
Newsletters
Flyers
TV
Radio
Billboards
Networking
Chamber of Commerce
BNI
One more Referral
Canvassing
Asking for referrals
Past customer sales
Sales to past leads that did not sell
Site signs
Truck lettering
Open houses
Telemarketing
Home shows
Fairs
Craft shows
Boat shows
Flower shows
Seafood festivals
Community events
Industry associations
WOW!!! :eek:

That is one Heck of a comprehensive list. :thumbsup:

Ed

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is that a talent and anal quality, (Meant in a Good Way), that you had the self discipline before you signed up with them, or something you picked up by association?

Ed
I learned everything from CCN and the tracking comes from MarketSharp
CCN showed me that I had never created a business. What I had was a job (Not a very good paying one at that) but at the time I thought I was doing well. I actually was out of business..........I was just to stupid to know it.
I've benn a member since 1999

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't use all these sources.........They are just what I could think of.
We use a lot of internet lead providers, shared and solo direct mail and events.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
I basically quit advertising for the most part the end of last year...and our #'s through the end of June for first contacts/inquiries are 68% of last year 47/69 :blink: ... don't really get it.

Well, actually I do a little bit, more calls for much smaller projects and for work out of our area...and MANY more lowball lookers.

I've just been getting some surgeries taken care of and will hit the advertising again in the fall or 1st of 2010 depending on how I feel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts