Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can clorox disinfectant wipes be used to wipe dust? Looking for a product thats very accessible and sold at most stores.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
My local health department told me to use baby wipes. Seems that is what they instruct the low income tenants to use 2 times a week on all window sills.

Seems to work as when I use them, it passes their testing procedures, Never had a window or floor fail their lab tests.

·
PCI
General Contracting
687 Posts
Nothing about damp. White disposable product. Swifters are recommend because they are charged to pick up dust. The stuff you are trying to attrack and pick up.

·
PCI
General Contracting
687 Posts
"damp" and "moist" are terms to describe other things.

Statically charged, dust attracting, absorbent. All good words that are not so suggestive my brother.

·
Registered
528 Posts
During cleanup, the law specifically says "damp cloth". It doesn't seem to be calling out for a disposable. However, you can use a disposable.

For verification, the law specifically says "a wet disposable cleaning cloth that is damp to the touch" for window sills. For hard floors, it says "a wet disposable cleaning cloth"

Additionally, for verification, you may need "a dry disposable cleaning cloth".

The Clorox disposable wipes you are asking about, seems to fall under the law and should be OK to use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts