Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I have made 2 of 3 of these to create for a custom door I am having made. There is a left , center and right lite. I'll have more pics tomorrow as this was taken with my iPad... They will be getting sandwiched by glass . Led glass was water chambered with led cane and zinc border- more to come.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Way cool Brian:thumbsup:

So, their gonna be inside thermal panes?

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yes, -
Absolutely!
They have the proper equipment and experienced tradesmen to do a triple pane glass led lite. There is not that many in my area that do this other than sending it out of state (which I am not willing to risk) . I use Twin City Glass- great company! Especially Bob - a walking wealth of glass knowledge: http://www.twincityglass.com/why-twin-city-glass/ ;).

I get my led/stained glass from Sunshine Glassworks , again- limited supplier locally - in fact, ......the only one in my area: http://www.sunshineglass.com/index.htm great people- especially Scott..:thumbsup:

As far as Pictures tonight ......unfortunately :no:....

They are in my dedicated graphics PC, which is in the computer repair shop....:rolleyes:..:laughing:.....my graphics card decided to end its life last night ....:rolleyes: Luckily it's covered in my warranty.....

Then,,,

The seal on my E-150 steering gear box went 3 days ago- fortunately for me- another warranty "covered" - I never get this lucky....:blink:

Anyway,
As soon as I get it (the computer ) back (day or two ) I'll upload the progress photos .

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey Steve,

There coming- door should be finished next week. I'll post some work on the glass I did and the finished laminated glass until then. . :thumbsup:

Give me a day or 2,

On a side note...I feel so bad about the hourly vs fixed topic,...my joke,.:rolleyes: Rob is a great guy,....

I Was just trying to have a little innocent fun.,,,,,

I feel like an *******.....I guess that backfired.......:rolleyes:

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Steve,....

UPDATES! :laughing:

Here is what I have so far,

They are finishing up the final clear coat finish.

I will have plenty of pics as it moves forward....;)

Patterns

Pattern transfer

Leaded cane and glass layout draft

Design layout completed

Patterns created 1/6th of an inch less on all sides to allow for the extruded spacer and black sealer - Butyls

Water glass cut (vertical members)

Continued,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts