Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to get three pairs of uniform type pants screwed up with PVC glue over time. I know that the plumbing forum isn't exactly the place for helpful laundry tips, but here I am anyhow. Is there a textbook method for removing PVC glue from clothing? Specificaly, 65/35 D!ckies/WearGaurd/Red Kap type of uniform clothes? I've thought about using some Methyl Ethyl Keytone or Acetone, but I figured I ought to ask if anyone knows before I experiment. Perhaps gasoline? Jet fuel? Depleted uranium? I figure they're ruined anyhow (not really. they still "function", but are unfit to wear to a customer's house). I can't really screw them up further, but would like to salvage them if possible. Thanks, o' wise laundry gurus.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Oh, man, - - first it's clothes we can't wear, - - now it's clothes we can't clean!! :cheesygri Can't say I know the exact answer, - - but if you used primer first it ain't never comin' off.

When my wife complains about the caulk all over my pants, - - I tell her don't worry, - - it's 'FIFTY-YEAR'!! :cheesygri

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have yet to find anything to clean pvc glue from my uniforms. I wear my pvc stained shirts on days I'm doing pvc and keep a spare shirt in the truck for appointments and service. I also have a lot of clothes ruined by Rectorseal #5 pipe joint compound. I wonder what the side effects will be on my lungs and bloodstream in the future! Maybe, my laundry will be the least of my worries! I just hope I still have a good hand for my nurse. :cheesygri
But, if you come up with a miracle cleaner I'd love too hear about it. Thanks :Thumbs:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If you wear shorts, most of it winds up on your legs and you can shave it off :cheesygri :cheesygri

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Plumguy, - - I'd definitely suggest you be extra careful where you spill that 'Rectorseal'!! :cheesygri

P.S. And we hope your nurse still has a good hand for you!! :cheesygri

1 - 5 of 5 Posts