Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer who is insisting on using something called Latitude Ultra Low Maintenance- Fieldstone Grey for their new deck. They are getting a pretty good price through a friend of a friend, so they're set on using it. It's a big 32x18 deck in the shade, so they're not very concerned about fading. Anyone heard of it or have a recommendation? I'd hate to install this stuff and look bad because it's a poor product.

Thanks!
Rich

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
The last guy we did a project for that "was getting a good deal" paid close to $1,000 more than if he'd have let us supply, oh and he would have gotten a far better product.

Seems like every couple years I get stupid and let some supply their own crap and I always regret it. Such a pain dealing with their ignorance.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,842 Posts
I used a lot of Premier composite several years ago, the company was sold & split up. Azek took the railing business & someone else bought the decking business which was renamed Latitudes. It was ok decking, not great. Real dense material which mushroomed when screwed down so I used the smartbit to pilot the screw holes. I never had any call backs about problems.

The new company made some low end capstock that they had some problems with, the stuff would get all clouding looking. To their credit tho they paid to have the bad decking replaced.

I would use the product again if a customer asked for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts