Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dried in, not too happy about it but there. Flat roof is done, haven't been up there yet but feeling queasy.
The current issue is gable ends. It's a ranch syle home with gable ends where the 5-12 meets the 6-12. As it now stands, this is DIY.
I plan to remove everything. Place new L flashing bedded in roof goop. Install 14 Ga SS to the gap + more roof goop. Cover all with 5/8 PT ply and leave the finish work for later. The season (hurricane) is on!
Roofers comments welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
I'm dried in, not too happy about it but there. Flat roof is done, haven't been up there yet but feeling queasy.
The current issue is gable ends. It's a ranch syle home with gable ends where the 5-12 meets the 6-12. As it now stands, this is DIY.
I plan to remove everything. Place new L flashing bedded in roof goop. Install 14 Ga SS to the gap + more roof goop. Cover all with 5/8 PT ply and leave the finish work for later. The season (hurricane) is on!
Roofers comments welcome.
teetor,can you post pic of gable ends ,not quite seeing what roof looks like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bergen, pics and myself are not getting along. I have tried everything that has been suggested on this board, sometimes it workee, most times not.
The roof is the work of a Satanist.
I sent pics to Grumpy by e-mail, he never acknowleged. I'm not great at that either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
bergen, pics and myself are not getting along. I have tried everything that has been suggested on this board, sometimes it workee, most times not.
The roof is the work of a Satanist.
I sent pics to Grumpy by e-mail, he never acknowleged. I'm not great at that either.
Teetor,wife worked for sony and has become somewhat of an expert with digital photos, pm me with some details, i'll see if she can suggest a fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,573 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
bergen, pics and myself are not getting along. I have tried everything that has been suggested on this board, sometimes it workee, most times not.
The roof is the work of a Satanist.
I sent pics to Grumpy by e-mail, he never acknowleged. I'm not great at that either.
Sorry teetor, I never got the pics, nor your e-mail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OK, here goes.

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0T... times not. I hate computers! Sorry, The Web!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bergen, which program do you use to perform the function? I can't seem to locate the right one. I shoot all of my photos at 4.0 and upload them to EasyShare, the location is then sent by e-mail. High resolution is most important to my work and this has always been satisfactory to my clients.
This posting on websites is all new to me but I'm learning!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
bergen, which program do you use to perform the function? I can't seem to locate the right one. I shoot all of my photos at 4.0 and upload them to EasyShare, the location is then sent by e-mail. High resolution is most important to my work and this has always been satisfactory to my clients.
This posting on websites is all new to me but I'm learning!
teetor, wife does all her editing in adobe photoshop, problem with hi res is the file is equivelent of a 30" x 30" photo,four times the screen size of your monitor.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top