Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Sponge
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked online and it looks like its bosch or dewalt.
Im totally going to have to pick one up! I think showing up to an estimate with a laser has to win you some points!

Now should I get a pair of those red glasses and make the homeowners wear them while I measure?:sad:

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
No on the red glasses...:laughing::no:

but have them hold the target occasionally just so they feel important...:thumbup:

·
Sponge
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No on the red glasses...:laughing::no:

but have them hold the target occasionally just so they feel important...:thumbup:
Target? is that really needed? Thats a deal breaker for me if I have to set up a target.

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
No a target is not necessary for you to use the laser...

my comment was intended as a PR ruse...:whistling:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Dirtywhiteboy said:
I use one:thumbup:
I have one of those, I have just got to tune my tape to it, I used it to measure a room for aluminium trunking then used my fatmax at the saw and it wasnt coming together so I added 1mm and filed down to fit when it needed it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bosch

I used to use a Leica as well and swore by it for numerous applications, it was great. After that was stolen i purchased the Bosch DLR165 same one as shown in DWB's picture. It was cheaper in cost, easier to use, and has held up to quite a beating. Well worth the purchase. I use all the time and accuracy is right on..

·
Focusing on solutions.
5,369 Posts
I use the same exact one.:thumbup:

The only big downfall to this laser tape is the memory function. It only spits back recorded measurements in decimal form which is real crappy.

So does my calculator, but I learned in grade school how to memorize :laughing:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
40,543 Posts
I have the Leica D5 it was a little more money but if your working outdoors its a must. I tried the Bosch and returned it because you can't see the laser in the sun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Hilti PD 40 . It is accurate to 1mm. Some of the cheaper models are accurate to !/16 or 1/8 . Check the Specs for what you need . I've had mine for a few years . Highly recommend it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts