Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
I brought it into my photo editor and selectively removed colors and then did the trace.

Didn't do it in 5 minutes.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
Although it looks nice in the picture when you stand back the sawblade stands out too much compared to the lettering and I had to make the letters darker to match better.

Wood Art Font Circle Visual arts

Sort of screwed up with the program. Just meant to redo the lettering and after I started the burn I noticed it was going to do the whole thing over again. Certainly didn't want that. So I had to wait for the top run of letters to finish being burnt so I could stop the program and tell it to only do the bottom row of lettering.

Here it is with the top done and the bottom in progress.
Gauge Measuring instrument Clock Font Gas

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Looks great!

I am a little jealous. Having a hard time finding a couple hours to do fun stuff for myself or for others.

Trying to get “caught up.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
You do realize I went into the shop at 10pm to see how it came out. And then to reprogram to do the letters again. And then at 11 because of the screw up I did with the program. Ya, time - I hate that it's linear. Of course I could have waited for morning... LOL Always excited to see what it came out like.

The other thing is when you press play, you just walk away and it does its thing. So you can spend some time dealing with the programming and then making the blank. After you press play it's all machine time.

I think it's coming on nice.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,785 Posts
You do realize I went into the shop at 10pm to see how it came out. And then to reprogram to do the letters again. And then at 11 because of the screw up I did with the program. Ya, time - I hate that it's linear. Of course I could have waited for morning... LOL Always excited to see what it came out like.

The other thing is when you press play, you just walk away and it does its thing. So you can spend some time dealing with the programming and then making the blank. After you press play it's all machine time.

I think it's coming on nice.
You really need to find space in your garage for a co2 machine. The versatility is so much better. That sawblade sign would have looked awesome with embossed acrylic letters & the whole sign would have taken about 30 minutes to burn, including cutting out the embossed acrylic letters.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
That would work if I had a garage.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,785 Posts
That would work if I had a garage.
Spare bedroom? small addition? :)

We got our 55 watt last week. It's got a fairly small footprint, but will do most of the things our 80 watt will do. Just not as much power for cutting, but will easily do all the engraving tasks the bigger machine will do. Just need the spray foam guy to get us worked in so I can get them both setup down at the shop.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
I'm thinking about it for the future. When pushing wood gets harder - pushing buttons will be the way to go.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Came out nice. I got the letters balanced with the sawblade I think.

Wood Font Art Tree Motor vehicle

Gas Engineering Machine tool Wood Machine

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Then you won't have to pay me for it. :p

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Define scrap.

As soon as it becomes useful it's no longer scrap.

My favorite is when someone asks for a pc of scrap plywood. You know, 26" x 48" pc of scrap.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Scrap. 5 5/8" square. Scrap.

T-shirt Font Wood Circle Graphics

This is some left over orange plexiglass I used for the protective light shield on my laser box.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,114 Posts
Just saw on TV today, some company takes one of your family recipes and burns it on the back of a maple cutting board. In the person's handwriting

161 - 180 of 200 Posts