Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Tech Heads,

I have a lot of friends that use the Lenovo w530. I was looking at the w540 but don't see it as the same quality.

Other thoughts were a Dell Precision 4800 but my tech buddies say they don't last like the Lenovo.

Anyone own a W540?

Ebay has some great deals on W530s with SSD's and 16 or 32g of Ram. I'm worried about the screen resolution though.

·
Registered
Remodel
29,631 Posts
Hey Tech Heads,

I have a lot of friends that use the Lenovo w530. I was looking at the w540 but don't see it as the same quality.

Other thoughts were a Dell Precision 4800 but my tech buddies say they don't last like the Lenovo.

Anyone own a W540?

Ebay has some great deals on W530s with SSD's and 16 or 32g of Ram. I'm worried about the screen resolution though.
Just make sure you get the 1600 FSB, all 540s have it, but not all 530s.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Ive got a W530 with 32GB RAM, 256 SSD, Core i7 I use for digital forensics. I love my W530, every laptop I own is a lenovo, dating back to by T60.

Lenovos last forever, I really like the metal hinges on the display, keeps them solid over time and stops the screen from drooping after opening and closing it several hundred times.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I still use my T60 for applications that only work on 32 bit. My T410 is my daily use laptop.

With Lenovo you are paying a premium for the service not necessarily the hardware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts