Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I recently started a landscaping buisness. My first 2 years in buisness i have purchesed used equipment. This has not been working out at all. I have decided to go brand new as i replace my equipment. My question is do you think ECHO or STHEL? and why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I have never used Echo equipment, but I cut 20 cords of wood a year for my outdoor wood boiler and that is a lot of bucking. My 20" Stihl chainsaw starts on the 1st or 2nd pull and is much easier to keep clean and maintain. Not to mention it cuts through the wood wonderfully.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Which has the best dealer support in your area?

If you find a good shop that does good service and carries a good brand then use them. They will have spare parts right on hand when you need them and probably will be able to fix anything you can't take care of yourself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We have a landscaping crew and we use STIHL and Redmax. STIHL for chain and demo saws and Redmax for edgers, trimmers and blowers. I have heard good things about Echo but I prefer the ones we use. Comparing them is like arguing over chevy,ford,etc. All three brands make professional grade tools and you can have good and bad experiences with them all. Find a good local dealer who can work on your equipment and buy whatever brand he stocks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We have a landscaping crew and we use STIHL and Redmax. STIHL for chain and demo saws and Redmax for edgers, trimmers and blowers. I have heard good things about Echo but I prefer the ones we use. Comparing them is like arguing over chevy,ford,etc. All three brands make professional grade tools and you can have good and bad experiences with them all. Find a good local dealer who can work on your equipment and buy whatever brand he stocks.
RedMax, Shindaiwa, Echo and Stihl all make very high quality stuff.

At the end of the day, it depends what you like and who has the best dealer support.

I like Stihl because they make every product you would need and then you only need to carry one fuel mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.