Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am trying to find a way to create decent landing page's for my PPC advertising campaigns. I was hoping there would be some kind of host that allows me to use their templates to build the pages I need then publish, link, etc.

What have you guys done?
Who have you used?
Any referals?

I don't really want to link directly to our website through our PPC campaigns. I need landing pages that produce leads!

Thanks in advance for your contributions!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our website is currenty the landing page for our PPC advertising but I think it could be better. Our website is really just a basic overview of our company at this stage. We have obviously outgrown it!

We have started building a new website that will be versitle enough to handle everything we do as well as handle multiple marketing campaigns. Unfortunally this is going to take some time.

The issue is when people click on our commercial roofing, gutter, and residential PPC they are directed to those specific sections of our website. Again, this is ok for now but it really doesn't speak to the nature of the ad itself nor does it have the necessary request information on that page. Now there is a contact form on our site but this requires navigation thus negating the actual purpose of a landing page.

I am not a short term solution kind of guy. But I think a good landing page and host could close the short term gaps! We have just started the campaign and are recieveing quite a few clicks but am not converting as we would like. No supprise there. We always want more for our dollar.

Has anyone used a "landing page" host or have any other options?

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
We used many landing pages in conjunction with Ad Words.

We kept the content very simple, meaning if they were looking for Orlando Pool Service, we explained that -

1. We serviced pools in Orlando
2. We listed our prices.
3. Gave a way for the person to contact us.

Either they are going to S##t or get off the pots.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We used many landing pages in conjunction with Ad Words.

We kept the content very simple, meaning if they were looking for Orlando Pool Service, we explained that -

1. We serviced pools in Orlando
2. We listed our prices.
3. Gave a way for the person to contact us.

Either they are going to S##t or get off the pots.
Exactly!

Did you create your own or hire someone else to do it?

·
Registered
301 Posts
You want to make sure that there isn't anything else for them to do on the page if possible. Don't have the navigation, don't have sidebars. The truth to adwords is that you want them to do one of two things, fill out your form or leave your page, nothing else. They either buy or leave.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You want to make sure that there isn't anything else for them to do on the page if possible. Don't have the navigation, don't have sidebars. The truth to adwords is that you want them to do one of two things, fill out your form or leave your page, nothing else. They either buy or leave.
Right,

That is why I need to get away from landing on our website.

The issue is our web host doesn't have "landing pages" as a design option. There are several landing page hosts that will allow for unlimited pages. These guys charge by the volume of clicks and really isn't a lot of money.

The problem I am having is finding a decent host to use or finding another option all together.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Right,

That is why I need to get away from landing on our website.

The issue is our web host doesn't have "landing pages" as a design option. There are several landing page hosts that will allow for unlimited pages. These guys charge by the volume of clicks and really isn't a lot of money.

The problem I am having is finding a decent host to use or finding another option all together.
Listen, you don't want to pay for traffic coming to your site no matter what they charge. The only cost you should incur is the Adwords campaign. If you have a host that charges you by the visit (if I am understanding you correctly) then you need to move, but I am sure you are realizing that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Listen, you don't want to pay for traffic coming to your site no matter what they charge. The only cost you should incur is the Adwords campaign. If you have a host that charges you by the visit (if I am understanding you correctly) then you need to move, but I am sure you are realizing that.
I realize this but am in the middle of building our new website that will allow for us to handle this. In the short term I need a "fix".

I think I can build the page offline and FTP it to my website but don't really know how to back door it.

You can see the situation we are in here.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I realize this but am in the middle of building our new website that will allow for us to handle this. In the short term I need a "fix".

I think I can build the page offline and FTP it to my website but don't really know how to back door it.

You can see the situation we are in here.
What is your site built on? Worse comes to worse, just create keyword specific pages (inside pages) and send the traffic to those pages. Just not to your homepage.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I page. Its the basic site.

I guess Ill buy the upgraded, unlimited pages, site. Build the separate pages and leave the rest offline.

I already knew this would be the outcome. Just needed a gentle shove off the cliff.

Building the page this way will create something far better than the other options I was looking at.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I page. Its the basic site.

I guess Ill buy the upgraded, unlimited pages, site. Build the separate pages and leave the rest offline.

I already knew this would be the outcome. Just needed a gentle shove off the cliff.

Building the page this way will create something far better than the other options I was looking at.:thumbsup:
Well good luck with your adwords campaign. I hope it is successful.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far so good. We are getting a lot of clicks but not many contacts. Just need the phone to ring. I'll close the deal from there.

When I get it put together I'll post it for critique.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
From what I know about adwords and campaigns, landing pages, testing ect. You are doing it wrong, or not well enough, and are going to waste more money then if you paid someomne to do it right. for what its worth.

·
Registered
301 Posts
From what I know about adwords and campaigns, landing pages, testing ect. You are doing it wrong, or not well enough, and are going to waste more money then if you paid someomne to do it right. for what its worth.
For adwords, the keywords in the ad should match those of the page. If you are doing kitchens, your ad should mention kitchens a few times along with the primary topic of the landing page they are going to talk about kitchens.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
For adwords, the keywords in the ad should match those of the page. If you are doing kitchens, your ad should mention kitchens a few times along with the primary topic of the landing page they are going to talk about kitchens.
Sure of coarse. Im eluding to testing different landing pages, sales copy, graphics, positioning of contact forms, call to actions, colors , ect. Everything needs to be tracked when real monthly money is being spent. Sure if your only playing with 200-1000 a month, whatever, pissing it away isnt going to make or brake most people. Even still, basic comparison would be easy enough to do, should be done as well as a pros sales copy, a good offer, proper placement of conversion forms ect.

Im sure he is doing all that...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure of coarse. Im eluding to testing different landing pages, sales copy, graphics, positioning of contact forms, call to actions, colors , ect. Everything needs to be tracked when real monthly money is being spent. Sure if your only playing with 200-1000 a month, whatever, pissing it away isnt going to make or brake most people. Even still, basic comparison would be easy enough to do, should be done as well as a pros sales copy, a good offer, proper placement of conversion forms ect.

Im sure he is doing all that...
Who are you using for your ad word campaigns? I know dex will do this and do it pretty well. Our SEO didn't seem very promising when we talked to them. I know there are different options out there and am trying to figure out the best one.

I am not a fan of pissing money. So far I am into this for around 100.00 and am already seeing that a change is needed. I am more than willing to pay 800.00 for the lead but am not going to just throw money at it without result.

I would prefer to get the first lead at the 800.00 mark. Not have it figured out by 800.00 and spend another 8 getting the first one.

Keep up the dialog guys. There is a lot context on contractor talk regarding AdWords but not much on landing pages. It is a topic that needs discussed.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Who are you using for your ad word campaigns? I know dex will do this and do it pretty well. Our SEO didn't seem very promising when we talked to them. I know there are different options out there and am trying to figure out the best one.

I am not a fan of pissing money. So far I am into this for around 100.00 and am already seeing that a change is needed. I am more than willing to pay 800.00 for the lead but am not going to just throw money at it without result.

I would prefer to get the first lead at the 800.00 mark. Not have it figured out by 800.00 and spend another 8 getting the first one.

Keep up the dialog guys. There is a lot context on contractor talk regarding AdWords but not much on landing pages. It is a topic that needs discussed.
I have talked a lot about a company called Trada ( I have no skin in the game other than they work well) and I think they are worth every penny. You pay them on the spread between click costs. Check them out. $800 per lead is NOT going to be anything close to what you will pay using them. Good luck. One caveat, you have to be willing to spend up to $3k a month. Not that you will, you just need to be willing to.

·
The Finisher
1,396 Posts
I have talked a lot about a company called Trada ( I have no skin in the game other than they work well) and I think they are worth every penny. You pay them on the spread between click costs. Check them out. $800 per lead is NOT going to be anything close to what you will pay using them. Good luck. One caveat, you have to be willing to spend up to $3k a month. Not that you will, you just need to be willing to.
Darren,

I looked into the TRADA website based on your recommendation from another thread. My question is, What type of experience do you have with them? How are they different from all the rest? Can you give me examples of people you know and work with who have had success with them?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Darren,

I looked into the TRADA website based on your recommendation from another thread. My question is, What type of experience do you have with them? How are they different from all the rest? Can you give me examples of people you know and work with who have had success with them?
I used them once a few years ago for a client. Loved their results. I have only used them (no other experience with outsourcing campaigns) because I like the way they get paid. I started recomending them when I stopped managing campaigns direclty. For smaller campaigns (1k or less), I usually just tell clients to let Google's team do it for them.

I get nothing from them, I just make the reco, I don't tell anyone tell them Darren sent you, it is just because they work). Examples are tough because this is an open forum and I don't always know who reads them, so to keep my clients happy, I don't have anyone I can speak about publicly.

Again, I have no skin in the game, just a solid company that gets results. Kind of like me asking you guys what kind of hammer I should buy or what the best replacement window I can get for my house.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts