Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A regular client of mine has a building where the lobby walls are all painted fluted split block. They are considering laminating the walls with drywall but I was curious if anyone had any suggestions as to what type of adhesive should be used in this type of application. If it were a flat CMU wall I would probably use compound but being that there are so many gaps and the block is a split face therefore not a flat surface I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with a better adhesive choice.

Thanks!

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
A regular client of mine has a building where the lobby walls are all painted fluted split block. They are considering laminating the walls with drywall but I was curious if anyone had any suggestions as to what type of adhesive should be used in this type of application. If it were a flat CMU wall I would probably use compound but being that there are so many gaps and the block is a split face therefore not a flat surface I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with a better adhesive choice.

Thanks!
Not The same situation but Iv'e glued poured form walls ...SLOWWWLY!

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
robstyles21 said:
A regular client of mine has a building where the lobby walls are all painted fluted split block. They are considering laminating the walls with drywall but I was curious if anyone had any suggestions as to what type of adhesive should be used in this type of application. If it were a flat CMU wall I would probably use compound but being that there are so many gaps and the block is a split face therefore not a flat surface I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with a better adhesive choice. Thanks!
I would probably fir it out with hat channel

·
Registered
544 Posts
Better yet, mix up some 45 and skim the wall. Pull it side to side, when it dries pull it up and down. Then pull it side to side again. You may need to pull one last tight coat and if your a decent finisher probably just hit it with a sponge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts