Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy if theres one thing I can't stand is when some hacks who don't know how to plaster go and repair it by laminating it with drywall:rolleyes:
I started a bathroom ceiling repair yesterday, well who ever these Hacks were, what azzholes!:whistling This is how they do it.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Yeah, yeah....:whistling:
Tell us about the bottle.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bottle is a 1920's no name on it but it had some plaster in it. I also found a couple pieces of wax paper and a Newspaper the date on it was May 11, 1925 I figure someone must have had lunch when they were hanging the lath and they threw their trash down and this stuff ended up in the ceiling.
Plumbers came yesterday put in all new copper supply lines and all new drains pipes, they should finish up today then I will put the bathroom back together.

·
Registered
895 Posts
we laminate all the time but its not our choice . we give our prices and timetables the homeowner & general then tells us how they want it done. but we do it that way 95% of the time. but no we dont hang over a problem water leak.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All I know OldRivers is these young guys in my area call themselves plasterers and pull this move all the time. in my eyes they are Hacks why lie about what your going to do for a customer. If you tell a person your going to plaster and then turn around and do drywall:whistling That is a LIAR and a HACK now in your case when your being asked to drywall well that's a whole different ballgame.:thumbsup:
I lost a job next door to this job cause I told the HomeOwner I would fix his four ceiling with plastering them and these two young guys came in under bid my price by $1,500 and then they slapped up drywall over the wood lath:rolleyes: then they painted the place by spraying it, they had to come back three times and fix and do some touch ups:laughing: A couple of Real Professionals:clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts