Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Att: Anyone,
If I went to Home Depot to have Laminate Flooring installed how much would you think it would cost for the whole floor? The Sq.Ft. is 640Sq.ft.
Kichen, Dinning Room, and living Room. The Kichen floor has vinyl in it now, that I would guess would have to come up? There is Carpet in the Living Room/Dinning Room.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
HD here is charging $2.75 per sq, ft. for install. I don't know what they charge for removal of old flooring. I imagine that it would depend on the type.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
There are lots of local full service flooring stores that can compete. Both on price and certainly service.
Not to say HD will be lousy, just be sure to get another free quote or 2 .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another contractor just told me that HD is getting $5.85 for install here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GKEYS55 said:
Att: Anyone,
If I went to Home Depot to have Laminate Flooring installed how much would you think it would cost for the whole floor? The Sq.Ft. is 640Sq.ft.
Kichen, Dinning Room, and living Room. The Kichen floor has vinyl in it now, that I would guess would have to come up? There is Carpet in the Living Room/Dinning Room.
Thanks
You could always give HD a call and get an estimate. Visit my website and fill out the information and you will be contacted shortly with and estimate.

Southern Floors 770-217-0019

·
Registered
4 Posts
laminate flooring install

Hi,

You may want to see what other options are available. A smaller more personal operation can usually be competitive and offer the same quality.
Good luck.

thanks

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
Don't know how I missed this on the 11th, but since it's been re-awakened, you don't have to remove the vinyl flooring either...so don't let em f*** ya :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts