Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing to buy and install 1600 - 1900 sq ft of this stuff. The brand name is Evoke. It is "acacia" 7/16 thick. It has a "hand scraped" look to it. It is the most realistic laminate i've seen (in the box), and it comes in random length, which I like.
The sales man talked highly of it, but it could be junk for all I know. I am a real wood person, so any opinions or advise on this product would be greatly appreciated.
-totes

Attachments

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I'm not familiar with it but I doubt it is a true random length, probably four or five sizes at the most.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three lengths, not sure why I chose to say random.
Not much customer feed back or reviews of the product online.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Har Har.

If you have no idea where it came from, it came from China. If it has some crazy ass lock you've never seen before, it came from China. If the edges look like they've been sprayed with wax, it came from China. If it has a name that only makes sense in Chinese, it came from China.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Lol now I get it... Duh lol.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not real wood. Mdf with a paper thin veneer of...plastic? Im under no illusion this is some fantastic product, but sometimes you have to go laminate. Hopefully the 1/2 thickness will eliminate some of that hollow floating floor sound and feel.

·
Orlando Car
1,636 Posts
This is acacia also.. 5 inch wide, distressed 3/4 solid..

Strong stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
ALL PORCELAIN? My, how impressive. Had it been clay body stuff, everything would've been different. Uggh.

You did it wrong. Like I said, no one but guys like me will notice, but you did it wrong. Its called basket weave for a reason. Woven. Like a basket. Nobody looks for it, so it doesn't matter anyway. I'm just teaching a finer point.

·
Registered
810 Posts
There are rules to parquet. Maybe I'm way out of line here, but that picture looks like a failure.

The whole idea of a multi-media motif is to combine the elements of each for the sake of contrast. When you make the whole thing look like tile, you've failed.

This is all subjective, of course. There is no accounting for taste...but there is.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts