Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a new ladder.Mind you I am a one story man and not that often.I was looking at a 24' fiberglass compact extension ladder.Has anyone used a compact extension ladder.Do they extend pretty easy or are they a pita

·
Registered
Carpenter
101 Posts
ladder.jpg

This is a nice one to keep in the truck, trailer or van. Can be tucked out of the way fairly easy. Only 6' when folded up. This will get you up any one story roof. Its my go to ladder most of the time.

Because of the design its awesome for interior stairways and such. Give a wide variety of heights without being a pain to get in the house

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 103794

This is a nice one to keep in the truck, trailer or van. Can be tucked out of the way fairly easy. Only 6' when folded up. This will get you up any one story roof. Its my go to ladder most of the time.

Because of the design its awesome for interior stairways and such. Give a wide variety of heights without being a pain to get in the house
Is tht a 16 that you use I waslooking at 20or 24

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Don't know your age or weight.... I'm relatively light at 160.... but in my collection of ladders, I made the mistake of fiberglass heavy duty(on a good buy) and the weight bulkiness is a PITA.

My go to is a chit light weight.... but I'm the only one using it mostly so it's safe..... it's not collapsable... but I can toss it around, carry it around one handed, and easily transport it.

My 32, heavy duty, is a real PITA. I can barely raise it up alone if I have something like a tree or wall to pin it to.

Just saying, I wish I had gone lighter weight.... might have to do with aging also. Might be a consideration for you, or not.

Best

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know your age or weight.... I'm relatively light at 160.... but in my collection of ladders, I made the mistake of fiberglass heavy duty(on a good buy) and the weight bulkiness is a PITA.

My go to is a chit light weight.... but I'm the only one using it mostly so it's safe..... it's not collapsable... but I can toss it around, carry it around one handed, and easily transport it.

My 32, heavy duty, is a real PITA. I can barely raise it up alone if I have something like a tree or wall to pin it to.

Just saying, I wish I had gone lighter weight.... might have to do with aging also. Might be a consideration for you, or not.

Best
Yes considered it. I am 70 YO But like the idea of Fiberglass. I think alum. is about 30 0r 40% lighter. So I really have to think about it

·
Registered
Carpenter
101 Posts
yes that one is a 16' I have two that I use a lot on 1 storys. I also use 24' on two storys. If those dont reach I dont do it!!!!! Too high up for me!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Yes considered it. I am 70 YO But like the idea of Fiberglass. I think alum. is about 30 0r 40% lighter. So I really have to think about it
Tony.... Good for you:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Me and Mud aren't the oldest:thumbup:

Best

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Guys Thanks for your replys I ordered a 20' Fiberglass type 1A compact ladder. It is a little heavy 54#. About 10 # heavier than a standard 20' 1A.Cheapest price was from Industrial Ladder.About 130.00 cheaper than Lowes. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Tony

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Many commercial facilities will not allow aluminum since it is conductive, so I guess it depends on what you are using it for. If you are near electrically powered devices, stay with Fiberglass.

That being said, I have an aluminum gorrilla and love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts