Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a Kronoswiss product from the Laminate Flooring Headquarters in Utah. Can anyone proivide information on either the product or the vendor. Thank You
Jerry

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I havn't worked with Krono goods.

I hope you find out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have worked with Kronotex which is a German product, and its pretty good, there are also KronoSwiss (which is made in Switserland) and Kronopol (Poland).

I have not had any experience with KronoSwiss nor KronoPol as the guys I usually buy my laminate from said they arent too good, and those guys havent been wrong yet.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I prefer KronoBagdad.

Use it, and be flogged!

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
If you win the case, you will be in Kronotopia!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Eh. there are a lot of companies trying to trick the customers into buying their laminate, if you guys are familiar with alibaba.com, you will see like 20 different asian companies with one similar american company name :). Nothing against Asians, but China laminate sux.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
yea, they need to stick to area rugs where they do very very well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kronoflor

We sell a lot of Kronotex the German product without problems.

I believe they are currently building a plant in the U.S. which I think will be fully integrated including their own "paper" making

Incidentally I just read in FCW that Kronotex did more business than Mannington & Alloc combined or even more that Mohawk & Witex combined closing the year as the sixth-largest supplier of laminate flooring in the U.S. Watch them as a lower priced supplier & better than average quality standards - in my opinion a good lower/middle end supplier.

:Thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Watch this space!

tuman84 said:
Eh. there are a lot of companies trying to trick the customers into buying their laminate, if you guys are familiar with alibaba.com, you will see like 20 different asian companies with one similar american company name :). Nothing against Asians, but China laminate sux.
Remember 30 years ago Japananes cars were not highly thought of or indeed well made - different story to-day!
You may not think highly today of Chinese laminates but they will learn with German technology - in fact hasn't the Krono group opened a factory a couple of years ago in China with all their knowledge??

Yes, watch them in a few years time otherwise you may regret it just like Detroit

Art

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’ve been distributing laminate for years. We have our exclusive private brand of famous French laminate. With also started importing some Crono products this summer. BE AWARE there is a Chinese plant that belongs to Crono and makes “Crono” that is not so Crono. They do not have writes to use uni-lock in China. Chinese Crono hac “German Technology” and usually no made in country.
Also Crono products (based on my installers) are not easy to lock in tight spots. Last plank is also a problem. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I stand by my statement that China laminate sux, i have tried Shaw and 2 Horizon companies (they were both named the same?!)....bad experiences...

Krono is good all around, however there are better products out there.

For example if put Classen vs. Krono, i would go with Classen any day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got my kronoswiss samples, side by side with the pergo accolade/presto, the kronoswiss (to me) looks better made. Still waiting to get some pergo select and quick-step samples.

·
Registered
5 Posts
KnightofTexas said:
http://www.laminatesfloorscheap.com/default.aspx
I just received my free Kronoswiss and Balta samples from this website.Anyone seen this guy?He acts like he knows his laminate..They both have very strong tongues,which is what he says is important.I'm new to this laminate research.I'm wanting it in my home,but don't know much about it.
Every maker has varying qualities at different price points. We would need to know the quality name of the two laminates you want to compare. Both Kronoswiss and Balta have low to higher end qualities although I would say in my limited opinion Balta would generally win over Kronoswiss.
You should really buy the one you like the look of best of all.
Art

1 - 16 of 16 Posts