Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Steve
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a project at my house for a change and have a design question/opinion survey.
Does anyone put their crown up at the top of the slanted knee wall or do you put it up where the angled wall meets the short wall. I copied a picture TRIMCAT posted awhile back showing the crown mounted low. The reason for the higher mount is I built in the past along the entire wall a bookcase/dresser unit that sits flush with the wall, the majority of the unit depth is in the attic area with a door casing trim around the 3 sides of the face.
Thanks for your opinions in advance,
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have never seen that done and as a matter of fact that picture tweeks my brain thinking about that cut at the bottom. Pretty common around here to see the crown die into the slope and not go down the pitched part

·
Steve
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never seen that done and as a matter of fact that picture tweeks my brain thinking about that cut at the bottom. Pretty common around here to see the crown die into the slope and not go down the pitched part
My wife had the same idea, I thought it was taking the easy way out.
BTW, Lowe's had a clearance today on 16' 3 5/8 primed FJoint crown for $80 a bundle,Regular $147. 160' per bundle. I took 4 bundles home. One of the Lowe's employees asked me what I was doing with all the crown. I told him I had a small bathroom but make a lot of mis-cuts:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts