Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im young(32), and i like to wear knee pads when im on the ground for any length of time, cuz i'm going to do this a long time! Anyone for or against?

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I don't like them but when doing any type of flooring I use them. If I don't my knees know the difference after a 9 hour day. If I am running baseboard or something like that I do with out.

·
improving homes
1,034 Posts
I am pretty young also, 28. I had a knee injury last year and have a family history of knee problems. After much research I found these highly recomended by alot of floor guys that are on there knees all day. http://www.proknee.com/index2.html

I ordered them the begining of this year and absolutly love them. They are expensive but worth every penny. They have no pressure on your knees what so ever. Your knees allow you to do work and bring in the checks so it's worth the initial expense in my mind.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,205 Posts
I have a set, but usually forget to wear them. I'm 59 and have never had problems with my knees (other than getting up after being on them for an hour or so). The real stinker is that without them, you can ruin a perfectly good pair of pants in about 15 minutes or less.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Oh yeah well around here we call Texans, documented Mexicans!

and a Texan master electrician ... a liar!

·
Registered
75 Posts
^^^Yeah, and that thing hanging between your legs is a Texas Toothpick.:laughing: Seriously folks, Pro Knees are one of the best investments I've made.

·
Banned
669 Posts
... (crickets)

·
Banned
356 Posts

USE THEM! Mine are always around my ankles when I'm walking around but when I need them, they're right there.

THAT'S A BIG TOOTHPICK!
WHAT, YOU NEVER SEEN A 2X4 TOOTHPICK!

·
Tiling & Bath Contractor
270 Posts
ProKnees. Best investment ever.

After about a year of contemplating, I just got a Racatac. Very nice. I love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts