Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to get 6 hard bodied oval buckets (some with pockets and handles some without) and various other tools for free. The catch is that its a 3 hour drive to pick them up.

Do they make good tool totes? Are they tough?

The only reason I ask is because I have never seen one being used on the ground. When I did underground I only ever saw them with the line crews, me being on the pole crew prevented me from ever touching anything other than 10' post hole diggers and chain saws... :censored:

My current tool storage and transportation leaves something to be desired as I have been dragging the same 3 AWP duffle bags around for the last three years. :rolleyes:

Should I make the drive?

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Take the drive. There good totes. I use them on ladders on occasion

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
3 hours round trip or each way? How much will you pay in gas? I have an oval with pockets that I keep electrical tools in. It's a decent bag, but I don't use it enough to say how well it lasts. Are these well used or pretty new?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a 3 hour trip total, and worth it. Every bag was pretty much new. They were all hard walled bags with pockets inside and outside. The bags alone would have cost me 300$ total if bought new.

Great score, I will be using two and tge rest will be going to the other guys on my crew haha.

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Post some pics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts