Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The painter finished up today and I made all the final adjustments on this kitchen today.

Can you spot the quirks?

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,811 Posts
Quirks?

Well, the outlets are too high--but my guess is you're referring to the cabinets?

Sliding doors are definitely different. Toe kicks look a little taller than standard. The plaster arch, with a squared cased opening on the other side is definitely strange. Pocket door?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,686 Posts
1st picture, there is no glass in the cabinet doors. The panel on the end run is over the step into the next room. Stained and painted cabinets above and below each other. Still a lot more work to do in the kitchen.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These pics were taken today. Yes there is alot of work to do but not related to the cabinets. I was responsible for the paint job on the cabs only.

The kicks are 5" tall, good eye there
Stained and painted cabs, blind man can see that.
Sliding doors are quirky, easy one

I think there are a few more.

Yes wine fridge at the end of the line.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Toe kick recess is shallow to the right of the fridge... ?

I'm guessing stainless hood? Where is it ducting?
Yes shallow kick as we had to cover to the existing tile.

Lets limit the quirks to the cabinets. The GC has his own quirks.:laughing:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want to play anymore.

The only quirk I see is a lack of taste by someone and a floor that should have been re-done.
I can't agree more about some of the design choices and certainly the floor.

You can sit this out. I won't tell your momma :whistling

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see the panels... I'm assuming these will accept the undercabinet lights...

I'm curious about the counters. That ply looks way too well aligned to be temporary.
Very good grasshopper. Those panels on the counter will get drilled for puck lights and nailed on the bottom of the uppers.

The sub tops are 5/8 cdx cut on our slider. Sorry they look so nice.:laughing:

No dishwasher?........or do we just throw them back in the cabinets and save water to put out wild fires :furious:
You are a funny man.:laughing: Wish you would hang out more with us.

Dishwasher to the right of sink, panel leaning in the opening

·
Still have all my fingers
755 Posts
How do you attach the false plywood bottoms, perimeter blocking & screws? I may need to borrow that method from you as it seems pretty quick and straight forward.

Currently I am routing a wireway, oversizing my bottom rail and applying a removable panel on the inside of the cabinet

It looks nice but it is a PITA

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't have pics to show you.

In a standard flush inset upper we have been raising the deck to double as a stop for the doors. Creating an extra 3/8" for the lights.

2" bottom rail so that leaves about 1 5/8" from the bottom of the rail to the bottom of the deck.

We just rip some strips about an inch wide and tack them around the perimeter of the bottom. Cut 1/2" ply for the loose panel.

You have a 1" space for the wire. 1 1/2" for the puck. Pretty simple. No routing or messing around. We never supply the lights either.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That looks nice! What kind of wood is that. The color looks a little like Poplar, but overall it looks too good to be Poplar?
Steve

How do you attach the false plywood bottoms, perimeter blocking & screws? I may need to borrow that method from you as it seems pretty quick and straight forward.

Currently I am routing a wireway, oversizing my bottom rail and applying a removable panel on the inside of the cabinet

It looks nice but it is a PITA

1 - 20 of 54 Posts