Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here ya go... some before and after pics of a kitchen I recently remodeled. If you look, you're see that I completely rearranged the layout. Most of my rebuilds are stripped down to the studs so when I get these jobs, it's not hard to start with a blank canvas and it amazes homeowners that don't know how to "think outside of the box" and realize that the stove and the fridge don't have to stay where they are now.

I build my own cabinets and order my doors. This client was obese, walked with a cane and couldn't bend down easily, so I built every base cabinet with upper and lower roll out trays. Now she can just "hook" the front of the pulll out and get to pots and pans in the back. The roll out trays are exactly like the ones in the Pantry. Custom features like the roll out trays, garbage can pull outs, range hoods and spice rack are simple and really make for a good showcase.

Also, I removed two small non load bearing walls in this job to open up the kitchen to a dining area. They had a huge closet type pantry and I opened it up to utilize the space in the kitchen and built a big full height pantry and a full height broom closet as replacements.
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the way you took away the wall to the left of the window.
Yea, that was the right side of a pass through into the dining room and I removed the wall all the way across the room. That also deleted a closet they were using for a pantry and made the two rooms into one great big room. I was already planning to remove all the ceiling sheetrock of this bottom floor kitchen so I could add a dozen or so recessed fixtures.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have any "in progress pics"? Nice job by the way
No I don't. I really don't think much about taking pictures and I'm actually getting better at remembering the "before" pictures before I start the demo. I go better at remembering when I got my domain and made a web site.

I own two names, ReBuildMyBath.com and ReBuildMyKitchen.com and I was extremely surprised that both of these names were available when I bought them. I just need to find a website builder that I can afford to make the site nicer.

·
Hair Splitter
18,331 Posts
Just don't be surprised when your question don't get answered. The guy who started the post hasn't been around for a long time. :laughing:
Man 10,000 posts and you think us lowly 9500 posters still don't understand how things work around here.

·
Hair Splitter
18,331 Posts
Your like that rabbit, still going! :laughing:
Again just answering your post. It's not like he hasn't been here in years. So chances are he's still getting notifications. But it's not like I'm going to hold my breath. It's just a question that will sit out in cyberspace. But thanks for all the concern and informing me that I might not get a response.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts