Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here, we ripped off the old plywood cabinet doors, ordered raised panel maple, sprayed white in the shop, filled in all the old hinge holes, sanded it all down well. She wanted to remove the doors over he fridge, and I reworked a deep pantry to house the microwave and coffee maker. Also I built a huge six door pantry to specifically fit a dead space. The new pantry is 14" deep. I built a glass cabinet that hangs on another dead wall. New Bead board and chair rail all the way around, bead board added to the exterior of the island and also on the custom range hood. Tile floor replaces linoleum. Tile backsplash replaces a formica backsplash. Added five recessed light fixtures and under counter lighting. New counter tops, sink, and fixture. I ovesized the island top with a 10" overhang.

Customer bought all new appliances which I installed. The old range hood was just a re-vent into the kitchen and this was a two story house so I used a 3.5" x 11" rectangle duct and ran it down through the wall, under the house, and through an exterior wall.

Countertop Property Room Kitchen Cabinetry

Room Property Countertop Furniture Interior design

Property Room Building Interior design Furniture

Countertop Property Room Kitchen Cabinetry

Tile Countertop Property Room Floor

Room Property Interior design House Wall

·
Registered
64 Posts
Like the trim build out and solid color

ps...the outlets in a back splash can be turned side ways to allow a finished look in the design and size of the tile's....when they are un even or break the plain of the back ground...It could look better

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I understand the wallpaper is the unchanged item.It still sucks.I don't like carpet either but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I don't understand the attraction of tile floors. They're tough to keep clean in a kitchen.
It's a good point, but urethane and epoxy grouts have greatly improved that issue. On a well-done install you still have grout lines, but the grout won't crack and won't stain.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
It's a good point, but urethane and epoxy grouts have greatly improved that issue. On a well-done install you still have grout lines, but the grout won't crack and won't stain.
Also, you can go with larger tiles and tiny grout line to improve the cleaning issue. And dark grout is another plus with cleaning.
I would never go with larger grout lines and a light grout in those areas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts