Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting out here and am trying to figure out some of the ways to work efficiently with customers.

For a kitchen remodel what methods would you recommend or what has worked in regard to designing the actual kitchen with regard to cabinets and such? For my own homes I have used services like Lowes to design and order the cabinets, but I can't imagine taking customers down to Lowes? Are guys just scribbling on paper a rough layout of the kitchen or is there software that you refine it with back at your office or on site on a laptop with the customers looking over your shoulder?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Software

Hi,
For the best of my knowledge, you can visit kcdw.com their price is reasonable and fare for designing software and very easy to use.
In regards to cut lest I’m using cut list plus (cutlistplus.com)it’s very good and price is unbelievable.
Good luck :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Funny. I came here to post that I began my kitchen remodel, actually as I type I am taking a break. What I did was take photos of my kitchen then take and scan advertisements. I basically imposed the advertisements into my kitchen to help invision the room.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Try e-cabinets.com - it's a free software and allows you to (simply) visualize the cabinets in their actual placement, size, etc. You can go further and actually design the fronts, slides, door style, etc..etc. It will also allow you to order the parts. It's not too bad and they just released a new version. I am in no way affiliated with this software either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts