Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitchen Cabinet wiring issue

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tinstaafl 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Been coming here for years and getting lots of great advice. However I finally had to register because Google wasn't being good to me today. Luckily my scenario is fairly simple. I posted a picture of the kitchen remodel below to help explain things.
MY wife is helping me to spend all of my money on this dang remodel so I'm trying to (at least) do the electrical work. Everything is pretty straight forward for me except for what I'm supposed to do for running wire out to the end of the L-shaped counter-top as show in the picture. Basically from my limited understanding of the NEC code, I need to have an outlet at the edge of the peninsula counter-top since it's more than 24" inches from the wall. The L-shape part of the counter-top is about 52 inches from the wall if it matters.

It' not hard to run some electrical wire (Romex?) through the inside of the cabinets but I don't know if that's legal or not. Quite simply two questions...
1) Do I really need an electrical outlet out the cabinet where the yellow arrow is pointing?
2) How do I do it legally to comply with code.

I never do anything half-arse so I definitely would appreciate some advice on how to do it the right away Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Ty Pounder and Tinstaafl for your help. I will use Metal Clad. I am not a contractor; just a DIYer. If you are supposed to be a licensed contractor to join this site (which I am kind of suspect) then will a MOD please delete my account with my apologies. Like I said, it's a great site with lots of good info!

#6 ·
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.