Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a remodeler by trade, my favorites are bathrooms, I love doing bathrooms. But I kick myself for not knowing the kitchen cabinet season, but I am thinking of getting into selling kitchen cabinets wholesale because I have a buddy of mine who is a great installer.

When is high time or high season for kitchen cabinets? Im in New Jersey where we are in a bad winter and nobody is really doing anything except getting their heating fixed so i cant imagine kitchen cabinets are big now, but maybe in a couple of months? My buddy said that it picks up around March/April, but I want to hear more thoughts

Anybody have thoughts on this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, my buddy said the same thing about tax refunds. That and the fact that we have mucho snow on the ground, everybody is really just having a hard time getting around to begin with. I've had several people cancel appointments on me in the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I do kitchens throughout the year along with many other interior projects. I guess it depends on your customer base/demographics if you're experiencing a "season" for certain projects.

You're not going to get a well known cabinet to represent, most are closed out, very territorial and exclusive to one dealer for a given area, and if you did get a good cabinet line you need a showroom to represent their products. manufactures are critical on how their product is represented.

You're better off building a relationship with a local showroom or two and steering your customers to them. Let the showroom do what they do best and you GC the entire project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.