Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a remodeler by trade, my favorites are bathrooms, I love doing bathrooms. But I kick myself for not knowing the kitchen cabinet season, but I am thinking of getting into selling kitchen cabinets wholesale because I have a buddy of mine who is a great installer.

When is high time or high season for kitchen cabinets? Im in New Jersey where we are in a bad winter and nobody is really doing anything except getting their heating fixed so i cant imagine kitchen cabinets are big now, but maybe in a couple of months? My buddy said that it picks up around March/April, but I want to hear more thoughts

Anybody have thoughts on this?

·
Registered
Custom
13,687 Posts
Tax refund...

Home sale to get into house before school starts...

Holiday...

December and January are really the only months that sales lag installs if you're not feeding your pipeline...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, my buddy said the same thing about tax refunds. That and the fact that we have mucho snow on the ground, everybody is really just having a hard time getting around to begin with. I've had several people cancel appointments on me in the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I do kitchens throughout the year along with many other interior projects. I guess it depends on your customer base/demographics if you're experiencing a "season" for certain projects.

You're not going to get a well known cabinet to represent, most are closed out, very territorial and exclusive to one dealer for a given area, and if you did get a good cabinet line you need a showroom to represent their products. manufactures are critical on how their product is represented.

You're better off building a relationship with a local showroom or two and steering your customers to them. Let the showroom do what they do best and you GC the entire project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts