Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kitchen Cabinet Issues

Has anyone ever dealt with the Schrock Entra line of cabinets? I ordered a kitchen through the lumber yard I do all my business with, and after the install I am noticing problems with just about every piece.
1 We payed for plywood box upgrade and some of the cabinets have particle board.
2 almost all of the 5 piece doors have splintering at the joints.
3 paint issues on cabinets.
4 paid for upgraded drawers and slides and almost everything came through standard.
5 bottom drawer on pantry cabinet hits door hinge and barely pulls out.
6 section of 5 wall cabinets 3 of the bottoms are color matched and 2 of them are not.
7 all doors and drawers were supposed to be soft close and all but 3 aren't.
8 one of the doors was assembled crooked.
9 These problems have stopped the whole project because I can't have granite done or finish floors.

We have had kitchen designer and Schrock rep out to look. Rep wants to send me new doors and new cabinets to replace particle board, and new drawer slides. However I am just supposed to eat all the labor. Kitchen designer is trying to take care of getting me all the soft close but again I eat all the labor.

At this point I have no confidence in the quality of the cabinets, and with something wrong with almost every cabinet I want to just pull them all out and return. I feel like I bought a new car and it gets delivered with scratches all over it and the dealer hands me some paint and tells me to take care of it.

What would you do?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am a contractor not a home owner. However These cabinets are for my personal house. Kitchens are not my specialty so all the issues did't stand out untill I looked over everything once it was installed. The wall cabinets are not finished top or bottom. The lumber yard owner is hopefully coming Monday to look and I am going to tell him I don't want them. I realize you can swap out bad cabinets, draws, doors but at this point I dont trust the manufacturer and dont want to give them my business. It would be one thing if I wanted to buy cheap cabinets but we paid alot of money, so you get what you pay for does not apply here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Meet last night with owner of lumber yard, kitchen designer, and 2 reps from cabinet company. They are willing to change every door, every drawer, all soft close hinges and slides, replace 4 or 5 boxes. Also they threw in some accessories for the draws and a light rail. The rep had to talk to corporate to authorize a discount of more than 500. Lumber yard owner is going to supply labor to make all the changes, he was pretty upset with the quality.

I feel like the higher up rep and yard owner are pretty upset about the cabinets and the understand the inconvenience. They seem like they will do whatever it takes to make it right.

None of it was installers fault, like a lot of you suggested. I feel a lot better about the situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts