Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,im having a real problem lately with moisture in my primatechs(p250 gym editions). Weve had some real humid days here in ottawa and the nailers were literally filling with water,every hit on the cap and the nailer would spit water at me,no joke.Yesterday i added a water filter at the end of a one hose to test it out and it hasn't made a whole lot of difference.

So my question is whats your setup for keeping water out of your air tools?Thanks

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
What about a better quality water filter at the connection sure on the compressor, or in the line somewhere safe?

I have a water filter on my compressor, but I know water still gets in the line and guns. I try and keep them well lubed.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
the largest amount of water getting to the tool is at the time of compression. In the shop, if you do a lot of sanding, water is always a big issue. you install pipe angled so that it drains back to the drain tube section. THe whole interior wall of that section becomes an additional condensator. Many shops run it vertically higher just to get the addtional benefit. Then loop back down to the moisture separator.

If your getting that much water your compressor is probably kept cold overnight, then kept in the shade while working.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I agree to the shop setup, my friend has one at his house.
I trained in the navy about air compressors, lots of ways they dry their air, not practical for hand tools. The moisture is the humidity in the air, it doesn't seam like a lot going out but a lot goes in, the cfm varies per compressor. So if it's a gas compressor and running outside with 50% humidity, it ads up.
I would like to know how much water at 10% intervals is in a cubic foot of air , then times that by the cfm of the compressor, in Florida it could be a water making system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts