Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kauai construction worker here in Kauai, recently the south side Poipu Sheraton and the The Ritz Carlton at the Kauai Lagoons.....both projects were shut down? this news was striking to all fellow workers and family members of the journey level unions. :notworthy

my question here is has anyone else working in the drywall or carpentry union in the USA been laid off due to the recent cut back and shut down of these major hotel projects ?? would like here any stories abroad...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
kauai drwall contractors not hiring labor

Kauai construction worker here in Kauai, recently the south side Poipu Sheraton and the The Ritz Carlton at the Kauai Lagoons.....both projects were shut down? this news was striking to all fellow workers and family members of the journey level unions. :notworthy

my question here is has anyone else working in the drywall or carpentry union in the USA been laid off due to the recent cut back and shut down of these major hotel projects ?? would like here any stories abroad...:thumbsup:
still no word on union updates on labor or journey level workers to be hired so far.......:sad::whistling

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
I had heard a rather large data center in Piscatiway [sp?], NJ stopped working....Friday came and close to 300 sparkies got pink slips....and the job was no where near being "complete". The client basically locked the job site gates and said "We are out of money".

That's a pretty big impact.
300 electricians were probably deep into the "rough" portion of the game...how many other tradesmen affected?
I dunno, but figure at least double that amount for the other trades....roughly 1000 bodies?
What is the "trickel down" on that?

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
client basically locked the job site gates

I had heard a rather large data center in Piscatiway [sp?], NJ stopped working....Friday came and close to 300 sparkies got pink slips....and the job was no where near being "complete". The client basically locked the job site gates and said "We are out of money".

That's a pretty big impact.
300 electricians were probably deep into the "rough" portion of the game...how many other tradesmen affected?
I dunno, but figure at least double that amount for the other trades....roughly 1000 bodies?
What is the "trickel down" on that?
that sounds familair although focus on new jobs still make it special for me here on Kauai .........the jobs in Con are looking pretty scarce....but for small independent remodlers like my self it aint that bad......target the nedd to do jobs like tile and batch room renovations thats my special update

1 - 5 of 5 Posts