Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the Katz Road Show Rough Carpentry Clinic here in Indy this week, taught by Mike Sloggatt. It was a great event and I was happy my guys and I had the chance to learn from such a thoughtful craftsman.

It’s one thing to learn HOW to do something. Anyone can be taught to read a tape, cut wood, and nail it up. But to build things of real beauty, craft, and longevity requires the element of WHY. Learning why we follow certain methods is extremely important, as it helps us adapt to the varying conditions we meet in the field.

I am a strong proponent of continuing education, no matter what your trade or how long you've been doing it. Sometimes it's good just to reinforce the practices you're already following. Staying at the top of your game requires the constant pursuit of improvement, and regular education on the latest and greatest in building science and technology.

If you have the opportunity to attend one of their events, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
i agree Chris a Katz road show should not be missed
ive never seen the rough carpentry one,im supposed to go sometime in november Kuiken is having one

also agree with always trying to learn anything in buisness that helps
me compete:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts