Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a crew together to do some work down in louisiana. With all the new construction that will be taking place there could be some good money. Does any one have insight in this.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'm still going through it from last year. All of these new guys are sucking up the supplies, thank God that I, finally, got a roof. I'm still waiting on the fence and pool enclosure, may be years, may not ever happen.

Some of these guys will lable you as 'stormchasers'. F them! We have a natural catastrophe going on here. Get in there and help! Get paid, yes. But help!

I may have stepped out here but I was born shortly after WWII. My parents had seen the depression, the war and were hell bent on making this country better than it was. They succeeded. We seem determined to tear it appart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I considered the same thing. The problem is finding a solid crew with no family or tie downs. Second, Lodging? Majority of the population is low incomed,these people are going to receive large sums of money for damages and losses occured. However, you take families that don't have much & everything they did have was taken from them & give them a large sum of money, I would be willing to bet people are going to be way over budgeted and the last people to get paid and most affected by this will be the painters. I could be wrong though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.