Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everybody in Florida that need there house fixed got it fixed already. The damage in Katrina looks like it's going to make Florida look like nothing. Did the Mayor actually say they are going to have to keep everybody out of the city for about 2 months!!!???!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Mike Finley said:
I hope everybody in Florida that need there house fixed got it fixed already. The damage in Katrina looks like it's going to make Florida look like nothing. Did the Mayor actually say they are going to have to keep everybody out of the city for about 2 months!!!???!!
Seeing the mess they have there, I'd say two months is being optimistic. And everyone better be praying for an extended drought.
IMO, they should do what they did to the cities of antiquity when long overdue natural calamities struck-fill over it and start anew. If anyone's got 3,097,600,000 cubic yards of dirt and rubble they want to get rid of (150 square miles @ 20' deep) that ought'a just about do the trick.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
They just said that it will take one month just to drain it once the levee's are fixed. I'm guessing that they will have to sterilize the whole city due to backed up sewers and dead everything, dogs, cats, rats. Unimaginable!

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There goes the price of garbage bags, up, up, up! Not to mention another excuse for lumber, steel, cement and everything else they can think of to go up in price and be scarce.

If it ain't the Chinese using it all up, it's us fixing crap after another hurricane. You would think with all the demand somebody would open some plants up and go into business to make some money and eventually supply and demand would level out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts