Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the Red Cross passing out checks to Katrina victims. Looked like some happy ............campers.

What kinda cash ya think these folks are getting?

A women was talking about using it to rebuild......?.....I wouldn't think they'd be handing out chunks like that.

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
What size chunks? By the time that FEMA got to me, they had reams of paperwork. I let everything go because it was costing me more than it was worth.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
The only dollar amounts I ever heard were the $2000 vouchers from fema about 3 weeks ago and the $1500 vouchers to Wallmart from fema, only reason I even heard about it was because I saw a story how some people were going to Walmart with thier voucher and spending it, then returning every back to another Walmart for the cash.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd read our government tracked some of that cash given to NOLA victims in $2,000 increments and an incredible amount of that cash was being spent in liquor stores and strip clubs.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Niner said:
I'd read our government tracked some of that cash given to NOLA victims in $2,000 increments and an incredible amount of that cash was being spent in liquor stores and strip clubs.
What better way to live down a disaster? :cheesygri

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts