Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a Kargo Master Pro Rack that they could tell me how much higher off the roof it is to the top of the rack? I've got an 8' garage door and am not sure if I'll have enough room. Its going on this...

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Spencer said:
Does any one have a Kargo Master Pro Rack that they could tell me how much higher off the roof it is to the top of the rack? I've got an 8' garage door and am not sure if I'll have enough room. Its going on this...
You might be able to fit with just the rack but are you going to take your ladders and equipment off every night and put them back on in the morning?

I take my rack off my truck in winter because we don't really do any work but once it's on, I'm parking outside.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be able to fit with just the rack but are you going to take your ladders and equipment off every night and put them back on in the morning?

I take my rack off my truck in winter because we don't really do any work but once it's on, I'm parking outside.
I have one like this on my truck now and use it for material hauling 90%, ladder 10%. In my line of work I don't use an extension ladder very often so it wouldn't normally go home at night with anything on it, and if it did I could park it outside.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Nice van Spence:thumbsup:

But you can't park in the garage next to the door to the house.... That's Momma's spot;)

Reactions: Spencer

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
You will probably be right around 93" total to top of rack. My 02 e-350 ext wind van measures 80 to 81" to top of curb. 81 + 12 = 93".

When I did int trim, I used to park my old e150's with Weather Guard racks in my 8' door gar with ladders, & 20' picks on top....no problem.

I doubt you'd have a problem.
Joe

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will probably be right around 93" total to top of rack. My 02 e-350 ext wind van measures 80 to 81" to top of curb. 81 + 12 = 93".

When I did int trim, I used to park my old e150's with Weather Guard racks in my 8' door gar with ladders, & 20' picks on top....no problem.

I doubt you'd have a problem.
Joe
Thanks, I'm going to go home over lunch and check it out. I've got to take it to the body shop and see what it will take to take care of that rust over the windshield and the side door issue.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
She'll squat down a little once you get her loaded up..

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a solid 15". Probably more after she's loaded. Found a decent price and I'm ordering the rack.

Talked to the body shop over lunch. I guess on the side doors on these vans, if you slam the snot out of you can actually tear the metal...he said they are just underengineered. Good news is he can fix it for a decent price and I won't have to order a new door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts