Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a close friend wanted to convert one of her bedrooms into a walk in closet adjacent to her bedroom. made an arched doorway to the existing master closet and turned it into a shoe closet. She has plenty of space as she is a single woman, in a 3500 sqft house by herself......

used sketchup to finalize her closet

built the cabinets at the shop, started setting in place, cut out for doorway, added header and jack/king studs

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am impressed with all of you that have figured out Sketch Up. I have fiddled with it and followed all of the tutorials with minimal success. Closet looks great. Is that melamine or painted ply.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3/4" melamine...I was hoping she'd be willing to spend a bit more for some better materials, but wanted the champaign look with the beer budget. The whole thing was just over $5k materials AND labor....

And sketchup wasn't to bad at all to learn. Still haven't gotten the full potential yet as our computer is slow as hell and can't handle it. I usually have to drag through it to get a project done, then delete sketchup entirely off the computer just to get it to half ass function again.....need more power!!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish I had a spare bedroom to into a closet. Nice work!
She has four spare bedrooms.....lol, all the closets in the house were full, so now it's all confined into one space. Only now afraid she'll go back on her buying sprees and fill the other closets again....:blink:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Nice work! She should be real happy with it. I would ask her not to divulge the price to anyone though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts