Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I really appreciate it. Sorry to be so long in responding. I've been out of town for a few days.

Hi Mike. We specialize in replacement windows & siding, kitchen and bath remodeling. How about you? And where are you in Va?

Darwin, I did notice there were not many women while I was lurking. Took me awhile to get up the courage to join. Glad I did now!:shifty:

·
Custom Stuff
867 Posts
Glad to see you back, Annette. Thought we scared you off in the beginning. I am in Manassas but work throughout NOVA. Click a link in the sig line below and it goes to my website. Still a work in progress, though. We are primarily a custom remodeler with a couple of niche markets like security construction and solving contractor problems for clients.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mike,
We pretty much try to stay in the PWC area. Less travel. We were larger at one time but really like our size now, especially in this economy. We can make changes quicker. I love your niches, especially the Contractor Problem niche. That is ingenious! We don't like to get involved in those situations because you never know what the prior contractor did (or didn't do!). A few years ago, we bid on a bath project that would have been perfect for us. The job went to another guy because the husband "liked" him (he was from New England like the husband). Long story short, contractor left half-way through the job. Wife called us back in. The husband said "just get her off my back!" Project ended up costing more because we had to re-do some things. But, in the end, they were happy. And we've done more work for them. Do you find that many of those situations could have been avoided if the homeowner did a better job in choosing a contractor? Or is it that the contractor really does take advantage of the homeowner?

Regards,
Annette

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome.
I like the way your site is set up.
Hi Silvertree,
Thanks! I do appreciate it. I really like it, too, although it is definitely time for a re-fresh. We have a fantastic tech guy who takes care of our computer system and does website design. He's been bugging me to get going on the site but I've been dragging my feet.

I love your site! You have really set it up to answer alot of questions. Do you find that the Free Remodel Pricing helps to overcome price objections? Homeowners usually have unrealistic budgets and expectations.

Regards,
Annette

·
Custom Stuff
867 Posts
Annette, yes, many contractor problems that HO's have can be avoided if they would just take some time to check out a few things. Yes, there are many contractors out there who will definitely take advantage of HO's just because they can. Sad and we are seeing more in this economy unfortunately.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts