Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info on Anderson 100 series windows. So many online discussions seem to tangent onto other brands or product lines...can anyone provide real experience with specifically the Anderson 100 series? Ideally someone who installed them a few years ago and can speak to how they are functioning now.

I'm not interested in info about other Anderson lines, other companies' lines, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm looking for info on Anderson 100 series windows. So many online discussions seem to tangent onto other brands or product lines...can anyone provide real experience with specifically the Anderson 100 series? Ideally someone who installed them a few years ago and can speak to how they are functioning now.

I'm not interested in info about other Anderson lines, other companies' lines, etc. Thanks.
I'm sorry but due to liability issues this site is precluded from talking about just Anderson 100 series...
:whistling

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the reponses - sounds like they are slow to get and not great quality?

Anyone else have more details about these windows?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have found large sized Anderson 100's windows and doors to inexpensive for reasons unknown. Example, my top of the line vinyl brand I use is neck and neck with Anderson 100, until you need a 6x6' ro picture window, then they are nearly half the cost! Large sliders are a bit cheaper as well, but Anderson doesn't go as wide as the others. Not sure why.
I like the 100's, but I am fairly new to the line so I cant speak for their longevity. I think they are a great product, comparable to a top quality vinyl. I am interested to see how the sash colors hold over time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
100 series

What is the 100 line?
Although Andersen's 100 series was developed for use in the southwestern US, it has become very popular in other parts of the country and is now available in most of the US. Like Renewal the 100 series frame and sash components are primarily Fibrex.

The 100 series is currently only manufactured in Texas whereas the the other Andersen lines (200, 400, A series, and Renewal) are manufactured in either Minnesota (Bayport and Cottage Grove) or Wisconsin (Menomonie).

While 200, 400, A series, and Renewal are 100% the Cardinal IG system, the 100 series was initially introduced using a different IG/spacer, Andersen upgraded to Cardinal in the 100 after a relatively short time so that the 100 has used the same IG as the other AW product lines for some time now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts