Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
61 - 80 of 235 Posts

·
Working Hard & Smart
18 Posts
We got the guy who made it, and the guy who has it going here.

I hope those were no more than $75 installed. And the design should be free on that one.

Sent from my Nova Primed Galaxy S5 using the Tapatalk forum app.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
That's not filters. It's actually brushed chrome ($430 a roll) . The job of that sign is to familiarize the *CPL" symbol. And trust me. It will.

I take no offense to your comment. I actually find a lot of humor in it. :) Thanks for the laugh.

I do and fix artwork for some of the biggest shops in the Capital District and they keep coming back. Same thing with several major corporations from which we see almost every day. Especially fishermen.
Jeez. We got ourselves a real high brow ar-teest here. Us plebeians just don't understand high art when we see it.

I don't care how shiny or what that wrap is made of. You can cover a turd in gold leaf. When you're done you still have a turd, just shinier.

If you're gonna too an old thread to talk smack and say I did a bad job, you better have something to back you up. Your logo look boring and generic, and says nothing about the business behind it.

·
Working Hard & Smart
18 Posts
Jeez. We got ourselves a real high brow ar-teest here. Us plebeians just don't understand high art when we see it.

I don't care how shiny or what that wrap is made of. You can cover a turd in gold leaf. When you're done you still have a turd, just shinier.

If you're gonna too an old thread to talk smack and say I did a bad job, you better have something to back you up. Your logo look boring and generic, and says nothing about the business behind it.
Somebody else in here said the same thing and I agreed with him. He was spot on. That was my professional opinion.

The logo I showed you was designed with purpose...one similar to yours and not to fish for more business. The lettering on the side rails of the trucks and the backs tell more.

And about your "turd" comment...I know a "turd" when I see one.

Bottom line is this, if you got what you wanted and are happy with the price....that's great. I start with simple questions about what the sign is supposed to do, where it will go, who do you want to see it, and so on. Then the big one is budget. Once I know all of that, I can let the customer know what I can do for him for their money. For that design, I would have sold them to you for $50 cash and carry or $75 installed.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Somebody else in here said the same thing and I agreed with him. He was spot on. That was my professional opinion.

The logo I showed you was designed with purpose...one similar to yours and not to fish for more business. The lettering on the side rails of the trucks and the backs tell more.

And about your "turd" comment...I know a "turd" when I see one.

Bottom line is this, if you got what you wanted and are happy with the price....that's great. I start with simple questions about what the sign is supposed to do, where it will go, who do you want to see it, and so on. Then the big one is budget. Once I know all of that, I can let the customer know what I can do for him for their money. For that design, I would have sold them to you for $50 cash and carry or $75 installed.
Well from here it just seems like you're trying to boost your google search rankings....

·
Working Hard & Smart
18 Posts
Never sold one thing here. You guys are so clever. Keep practicing. You might catch up in 30 or 40 years.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I agree 100%.

That would make some sense of the small text. Every sign has a job. You want yours make your "logo" be remembered.

Clifton Park Landscape had a similar plan. They have enough work and are not fishing for more. However, they do want people to associate the new logo with the general types of work they do. The plan is to get people used to the "logo" over the next couple years and then we will revamp the logo and have much smaller text and the logo will be bigger.

It will work. I know this because I am the one they hired to design their new logo at a discounted $125 per hour just for this particular feat. They also paid $350 to own and have copies of the artwork. I do Commercial Property Maintenance and also have a sign shop. I am doing their whole fleet. The boxes of the trucks will read COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MAINTENANCE - SNOW & ICE MANAGEMENT. It's not a dash in the middle though. It's 2 color. The pickups will get something on the tailgates as well. Each truck done is $750. He has 7.

Here is your logo compared to the logo I designed for his branding purpose. Which one will you remember? Make you look?

If you want to see more of my work, my sign site is 518wraps. You get what you pay for. You can also search youtube for 518 Wraps Shop (shows the shop before we just revamped it) or 518 Wraps Doll (pimpin' ain't easy boys).
Agosto's is WAY nicer. Sorry, your "CPL" just doesn't do much for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a graphics design person by any means, but the uber modern-can't read it logo means nothing to me. I'm sure it'll serve it's purpose.

·
Working Hard & Smart
18 Posts
It's a logo you make when you are already a big successful company and you don't want anyone to call you.
Pretty much. Eventually, it will evolve into just the CPL symbol without the other colors around it. This year, it's job is to just make other contractors look and say WTF.

The symbol will be known. And the words...as is...are much more legible than the other one.

·
Working Hard & Smart
18 Posts
Just got home the shop. You should see the reflective / translucent one we just did. Awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice hipster badge!

I kid, seriously, you have a great design. I like that it's low-key for your personal truck but still memorable, and the color still fits decently with the color scheme you use on your other logos.

Any chance you have a website in the works? It seems like you have a good designer up your sleeve to pull off a really great site!

61 - 80 of 235 Posts