Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your exactly right about the extra digit. It does sometimes confuse people. I am dropping the toll free number though. The company I was using to forward my calls kept ringing phantom calls to my phone all day long and charging me per call. It is time to get a new wrap for my truck anyways

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
How many guys have done a wrap? I'm considering doing some sort of a wrap on my new truck.

I just want to know if people seem to comment on it more than normal lettering.

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
How many guys have done a wrap? I'm considering doing some sort of a wrap on my new truck.

I think designed right some wraps look great. Have seen some really eye catching ones recently but also some that are way too busy and cheesy.

I use my truck for personal use too so have always had either mags or the vinyl lettering. I prefer more low key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,920 Posts

couple of drawbacks to a truck-wrap (opinion, strictly)
  • no resale value (even if it's a dying horse, it has some resale value.
  • If you get in some type of fender bender or something, the "canvas" is compromised

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
couple of drawbacks to a truck-wrap (opinion, strictly)
  • no resale value (even if it's a dying horse, it has some resale value.
  • If you get in some type of fender bender or something, the "canvas" is compromised
My granite guys had theirs removed in a few hours when they traded their truck in for a new one

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
Another problem with wraps is that they are printed via ink jets and the colors are small dots, halftones, so they don't have the longevity of paint or vinyl. Premium cast vinyl has an outdoor life of 7 years minimum, much longer with less UVs.

It looks like the popularity is dying off here, I don't see them like I did when it first became available. I think after the first wrap goes most people say the heck with it.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Question:

I take mileage as opposed to actual cost of the vehicles maintenance for accounting purposes.

When I get my van lettered can I write it off as advertising?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

221 - 235 of 235 Posts