Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they're trying to take down my number at 70mph, I probably don't want em calling me anyways!

I'm pretty happy with the logo, I have a friend who is a graphic designer that's been taking care of the design work for me. Another friend did the vinyl work too.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
believe it or not the best place for a logo is the tail gate.

in the last month or so. I gotten three calls from people saying the got my number from my truck. at the estimate two people said it was in traffic, the other was the drunkin dinits drive through.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Pretty stoked on it. What do you guys think?

Gonna get the van done soon.
I like the lettering.

But, I also like the fender flares. Can you tell me about them. I'm thinking of getting them on my truck.

Easy to install?
I assume they come primed and you have to paint. Expensive?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jaydee, I don't have a tailgate on the truck right now. My cap has man doors on it. I thought about getting the cap done, but since I got the van I decided to get rid of the cap. I might get the tailgate done when I get rid of the cap and put the gate back on.

Jb, the flares are bushwacker. They're not too cheap, I think I paid 450 or so for all 4 wheels. They are black plastic, the ones on my truck aren't painted, that's just how they come, apparently they're pretty easy to paint though. The installation is pretty simple, they bolt on through the holes that hold the wheel well covers on. The outer bolts are false and just for looks.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Jaydee, I don't have a tailgate on the truck right now. My cap has man doors on it. I thought about getting the cap done, but since I got the van I decided to get rid of the cap. I might get the tailgate done when I get rid of the cap and put the gate back on.

Jb, the flares are bushwacker. They're not too cheap, I think I paid 450 or so for all 4 wheels. They are black plastic, the ones on my truck aren't painted, that's just how they come, apparently they're pretty easy to paint though. The installation is pretty simple, they bolt on through the holes that hold the wheel well covers on. The outer bolts are false and just for looks.
Thank you
They look great on your truck

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I think it looks great on the truck, it goes great with the black. Nice and professional looking:thumbup: Did you get it done at a local shop?

What is the number below your hic number?

Dave

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
That lettering and logo makes your company look "official" to where people say, "I don't know who they are but they look very important and even more serious about what they do."

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave,

I got the lettering done by a friend of mine.

The second number is my city of Pittsburgh license

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I've always lettered my trucks. For me, it does a few things. People get used to seeing my trucks. I hear them say, "I see your trucks all over town." They will see me working for someone they know. "If you can please them, you're good enough for me." It also gives them a connection, before we've ever met. I also feel it promotes my business to a more professional level.
There are also alot of states that require your company, phone, and city to be on the truck. If you have a roofing license, that is required also. It is doubtful anyone will pull you over for it, but friends have said the state police have given warnings. One guy got a ticket for it, but the court threw it out.
Personally I don't want everyone writing down my number for a bid "just to see what it would cost." Of course that is another thread.

Looks good.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
it looks a bit bland to me. Throwing another color in there would help. It made for an easy install, weed out the negative copy and squeegee it on. Plus, the copy is too small. I am a fan of understatement and see nothing wrong with just having the company name if you just want branding identity. People rarely call numbers on vehicles but they might remember the name and they will pay more attention if it catches the eye.

But if you are going to put something on there it shouldn't be work to read. Your name stands out but that doesn't help if you are hoping to pull in carpentry work. I'd make the banner longer and maybe do the copy in white.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Buildit, here all they want is for you to have your license info with any advertising you do.

Rango, it reads a lot better in real life, but it is still kind of small. I didn't wanna go all out on this truck, since I got the van, this will be more of a personal use vehicle, with some work duty. When I get that van done in going to do it a bit differently. Probay a full height logo on both sides and on the back doors and I will add a list of services along side the logo.

The truck is more branding than trying to drum up work.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
The truck is more branding than trying to drum up work.
Nothing wrong with that. I had a sign business and all I had was the company name on it. If they are interested they will look you up, it's even easier these days with the internet/phones, etc.

One thing I always stressed is not to put TOO much info on there, if it reads like a page in a book people won't bother. It's sorta like billboard advertising, not as extreme but a typical billboard is 3 seconds to get the message across.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts