Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this ICF work for an owner builder. This is in the Summit Addition, Edmond, Oklahoma.

The lot sloped down, so instead of trying to get a stable fill, we excavated run foundations on solid sub grade, and then did a 4 foot stem wall (can be seen by the color difference in the block), then backfilled and poured the slab. First floor and then framers came in and built the second floor, then we returned and did the 2nd story. The last few pictures show the bracing involved with an 11 foot tall wall over a 13 foot span. Tricky little bit of detail from our bag of tricks. :thumbsup:

If you want to see a lot more of these pictures, they are on my facebook page.

Attachments

·
Contractor
7,430 Posts
Nice project.

I find it's almost always less expensive to do a subwall, instead of filling and compacting an area back up to grade.

I checked out your Facebook page. Did you buy some new braces? Those look pretty nice.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are the Plumbwall braces sold under BuildBlock called Build1 bracing.

Heavy, but stable. My beef with them is that BuildBlock ICFs have "hard points" every 8 inches on center, 4 inches from the bottom of the block to a point, then 8 inches, and then 4 to top of block, and then so on. The Plumbwall brace is slotted every 6 inches and thus, you only get a good screw placement every 24 inches.

First opportunity, I intend to jig up and drill the braces so I have a 1/4 hole every 8 inches up the braces.

Other then that, the adjustments are nice. And I haul all 72 of them in an enclosed trailer that also stores the boards and stakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts