Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually found a construction board that isn't full on spam and no real members. Cool

I started out a framer 10 years ago but expanded my knowledge and experience in other fields a few years ago.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Welcome to the board! Its great to have you here...

JustaFramer said:
I actually found a construction board that isn't full on spam
Thanks... we try hard to keep a clean and profession board. You have our great moderators to thank for that :Thumbs:

JustaFramer said:
and no real members.
What does this mean?

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I meant was the members were just spammers. Just a dead board.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
JustaFramer said:
I started out a framer 10 years ago but expanded my knowledge and experience in other fields a few years ago.
My best friend is a home builder. He's told me on many occasions how rare (and valuable) a really 'good' framing carpenter is. I hate to see some of the hacks that are throwing panels together on large scale production jobs and calling themselves carpenters. Unfortunately, I see brickwork going that way too. How many 17 year old, non-English speaking bricklayers can there be on one job?
Glad to see you on the board. Catch you around.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PipeGuy said:
My best friend is a home builder. He's told me on many occasions how rare (and valuable) a really 'good' framing carpenter is. I hate to see some of the hacks that are throwing panels together on large scale production jobs and calling themselves carpenters. Unfortunately, I see brickwork going that way too. How many 17 year old, non-English speaking bricklayers can there be on one job?
Glad to see you on the board. Catch you around.
In Washington hacks have littered the residential field. There is more tract home to custom home building. So garbage prevails. Not to many framing companies offer benefits so sticking with one is hard. It cut into profits you know. I am so sick of residential that I am going union. the cheap imigrent labor has ruined craftmanship. And the contractors that hire them are selfmade hacks themselves for letting the garbage fly. I can't afford the tract insurance but these hacks that drive up the cost have it. Makes me sick.

Currently I don't frame to much because I am fed up with it. But work for a small custom home builder/remodeler. I guess I am the superintendent/ onsite carp. Just last week I did grade hopping for the tract hoe op. Got paid more than any grad hop too. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts