And no that's not a bus stop...

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
And no that's not a bus stop...

Didn't you guys pass laws a few years ago that you had to spend your tax money to build rec centers near home depots for the illegals? Did you guys not build ones big enough for them all? That's just not right if you guys cheaped out.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
This reminds me of the Wal-Mart in Pa. that has hitching post for the Amish buggies in the parking lot.
yep, it's Amish... There's usually a Mennonite rig or two there also (tractor w the family trailer:eek:)

I took that last week, I think it was the third time I went to HD this year!:thumbup:

Can't make out the signs Jack... are they all there for a reason?:laughing:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
We call them Union Halls around here.

early in the morning there could be a hundred or more waiting for work. If you never seen the scene when someone stops to pick up it would shock you. You could have 50 guys running at your truck and wanting in.

Don't give me a hard time for this but I have a lot of respect for thier willingness to work. There isn't any cracker head teenagers out there looking for labor work.

It's a very complicated issue with more sides than the common opinion here. There really is not enough legal residents to do all the grunt work that needs done.

I wish there were more young American kids trying to take my job but that is just not going to happen.

Reactions: mattp

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Gus, those kids not looking to do jobs illegals will do is the evidence of the success of our country. Their country is older then ours, but in a shorter time we are where we are where prosperity affords that the generation coming up wants more than picking beans for $1.00 an hour.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep, it's Amish... There's usually a Mennonite rig or two there also (tractor w the family trailer:eek:)

I took that last week, I think it was the third time I went to HD this year!:thumbup:

Can't make out the signs Jack... are they all there for a reason?:laughing:
The signs are a fairly new thing.Some say "Hauling truck".
One said "Electrical and framing".:laughing:............:blink:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We call them Union Halls around here.

early in the morning there could be a hundred or more waiting for work. If you never seen the scene when someone stops to pick up it would shock you. You could have 50 guys running at your truck and wanting in.

Don't give me a hard time for this but I have a lot of respect for thier willingness to work. There isn't any cracker head teenagers out there looking for labor work.

It's a very complicated issue with more sides than the common opinion here. There really is not enough legal residents to do all the grunt work that needs done.

I wish there were more young American kids trying to take my job but that is just not going to happen.
I agree Gus.You have to respect a man for getting off of his butt and trying to find work while so many others sit on theirs an wait for a hand out....

Having said that.They (and more importantly the guy's that hire them) are breaking the law and doing no one any good by useing them.

Reactions: mattp

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Gus, those kids not looking to do jobs illegals will do is the evidence of the success of our country. Their country is older then ours, but in a shorter time we are where we are where prosperity affords that the generation coming up wants more than picking beans for $1.00 an hour.
Those guys at the Union hall are not willing to pick beans for a buck an hour. They want at least 15 an hr but for the most part are willing to hump some serious ass for it.

I have seen guys dig footings in a 12" crawl space with a gardener's spade and five gallon buckets. Yards and yards of material.

What is it that makes our young not willing to work a summer doing labor work or learning a trade? That is a sign of success? I can see that side but it's easier to see it as a pitfall of modern society. It's all that entitlement attitude kids have that leaves me more concerned than proud of our progress.

I'm just saying it's more complicated than building a wall and shipping them back. Kinda like a drug war. No way are they leaving so long as we have no one to replace them with.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Those guys at the Union hall are not willing to pick beans for a buck an hour. They want at least 15 an hr but for the most part are willing to hump some serious ass for it.

I have seen guys dig footings in a 12" crawl space with a gardener's spade and five gallon buckets. Yards and yards of material.

What is it that makes our young not willing to work a summer doing labor work or learning a trade? That is a sign of success? I can see that side but it's easier to see it as a pitfall of modern society. It's all that entitlement attitude kids have that leaves me more concerned than proud of our progress.

I'm just saying it's more complicated than building a wall and shipping them back. Kinda like a drug war. No way are they leaving so long as we have no one to replace them with.
There is no justification or rationalization for any illegal in our country, there simply is no arguement to make that okay. No matter how willing they are to work, how nice they smile, how friendly, or how large the contrast they create between what a person from a 3rd world country is willing to do compared to a person from the most successful country on the planet isn't willing to do.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
They would not be there if they were not getting picked up by the :censored: labor exploiters.
I'm afraid I am starting to sound like I'm part of the problem, not the case.

The guys that pick these laborers would say they have little or no other apparent alternative. They are under the gun to get crap done as cheap as they can. Their clients are wanting what they want for less.
No way can they keep someone on staff full time to do these types of things. So they drop by and pick them up, pay em some cash and feed them lunch. They get out of the bind they were in and god willing no one got hurt.
If there was a legal way to do the same thing , my guess is that these road side pick up spots would start to disappear.

I believe the biggest employer is not the contractors, its homeowners wanting yardwork and crap done they don't want to do themselves. More success I guess.:laughing:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
There is no justification or rationalization for any illegal in our country, there simply is no arguement to make that okay. No matter how willing they are to work, how nice they smile, how friendly, or how large the contrast they create between what a person from a 3rd world country is willing to do compared to a person from the most successful country on the planet isn't willing to do.
I'm down with that.
I don't think there is any use for crystal meth, child abuse, racism, animal abuse.......either.

Part of the solution is fully understanding the roots of the situation. There are a lot of factors at play that keep this in play. You can't just atack this from one front. Tis all I'm saying

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts

Careful Gus, we like things black and white here.
All of the answers in sound bites.
Wrap up those problems in an hour.
(Less commercials:thumbsup:)

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Careful Gus, we like things black and white here.
All of the answers in sound bites.
Wrap up those problems in an hour.
(Less commercials:thumbsup:)
:laughing::laughing: This will go away no time soon.

You Indiana boys have street side service?

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
:laughing::laughing: This will go away no time soon.

You Indiana boys have street side service?
I truly don't hang out at the Despot.
Los Hermanos have been here forever.
Lots of migrant farm workers, every year
some would settle.
As soon as they could, they'd bring family.....
Kinda like the Eye-Ties a hundred years ago. :laughing:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm down with that.
I don't think there is any use for crystal meth, child abuse, racism, animal abuse.......either.

Part of the solution is fully understanding the roots of the situation. There are a lot of factors at play that keep this in play. You can't just atack this from one front. Tis all I'm saying
Yeah what Neo said. Don't get all intellectual on us Gus, we'll drown out your intellect with lots of noise. :laughing:

By the way, that looks like the HD in the city of Paramount.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah what Neo said. Don't get all intellectual on us Gus, we'll drown out your intellect with lots of noise. :laughing:

By the way, that looks like the HD in the city of Paramount.
Yep.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts